- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- The jungles of Taman Nagara
- Sepilok's Orangutans
- Summit of Mt. Kinabalu
- Food tour of Kuala Lumpur
S. E. Asia’s tallest mountain, Mt. Kinabalu, towers over the Sulu Sea and Borneo’s sweeping jungles. In the east of the world’s third largest island Orang-utans populate the trees of Sepilok, whilst on the Malayan Peninsula rivers gush through Taman Negara, cloud forests share the highlands with tea plantations and strawberry farms and the country’s modern capital is a melting pot of cultures. We peek behind the green curtain of Malaysia’s primeval forests as we don our hiking boots and go trekking around Borneo and beyond.
Day 1: Start in Kuala Lumpur
Day 2: Discover Malaysia's culinary delights with a food tour of KL before visiting
the Batu Caves
Day 3: Apek Hill trek; transfer to the Cameron Highlands and visit a local tea
Day 4: Trek through the montane forests of the Cameron Highlands
Day 5: Transfer to Taman Nagara, optional night walk
Day 6: Canopy Walk; Hike up Teresek Hill followed by exhilarating boat ride
Day 7: Tabing Trek and Lata Berkoh
Day 8: Return to Kuala Lumpur; fly to Sandakan; transfer to Sepilok
Day 9: Visit Sepilok Orang-utan Sanctuary
Day 10: Follow the Sepilok Laut trail through the rainforest
Day 11: Transfer to Kinabalu Park with optional visits to Kundasang War Memorial and
exploring the Kinabalu Park lower trail
Day 12: Start climbing Mt. Kinabalu towards Laban Rata
Day 13: Summit Mt. Kinabablu and return to the start; transfer to our beach resort
Day 14: Free day to relax by the beach
Day 15: End Kota Kinabalu
- 7 nights hotel and 5 nights guesthouse, 2 nights mountain lodge
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 2 dinners included
- 7 days walking, some muddy terrain
- Altitude maximum 4095m, average altitude 1500m
- Separate leaders in Borneo and the Peninsula
- All Accommodation
- Any international flights to/from Kuala Lumpur are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking Borneo & Beyond tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 122 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 10 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Trekking Borneo & Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking Borneo & Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.