- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The jungles of Taman Nagara
- Sepilok's Orangutans
- Summit of Mt. Kinabalu
- Food tour of Kuala Lumpur
South East Asia ’s tallest mountain, Mt. Kinabalu, towers over the Sulu Sea and Borneo’s sweeping jungles. In the east of the world’s third largest island Orang-utans populate the trees of Sepilok, whilst on the Malayan Peninsula rivers gush through Taman Negara, cloud forests share the highlands with tea plantations and strawberry farms and the country’s modern capital is a melting pot of cultures. We peek behind the green curtain of Malaysia’s primeval forests as we don our hiking boots and go trekking around Borneo and beyond. taxonomy/term/156
Day 1: Start in Kuala Lumpur
Day 2: Discover Malaysia's culinary delights with a food tour of KL before visiting
the Batu Caves
Day 3: Apek Hill trek; transfer to the Cameron Highlands and visit a local tea
Day 4: Trek through the montane forests of the Cameron Highlands
Day 5: Transfer to Taman Nagara, optional night walk
Day 6: Tabing Trek and Lata Berkoh
Day 7: Canopy Walk; Hike up Teresek Hill followed by exhilarating boat ride
Day 8: Return to Kuala Lumpur; fly to Sandakan; transfer to Sepilok
Day 9: Visit Sepilok Orang-utan Sanctuary
Day 10: Follow the Sepilok Laut trail through the rainforest
Day 11: Transfer to Kinabalu Park with optional visits to Kundasang War Memorial and
exploring the Kinabalu Park lower trail
Day 12: Start climbing Mt. Kinabalu towards Laban Rata
Day 13: Summit Mt. Kinabablu and return to the start; transfer to our beach resort
Day 14: Free day to relax by the beach
Day 15: End Kota Kinabalu
- 7 nights hotel and 5 nights guesthouse, 2 nights mountain lodge
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 2 dinners included
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 days walking, some muddy terrain
- Altitude maximum 4095m, average altitude 1500m
- Separate leaders in Borneo and the Peninsula
- All Accommodation
- Any international flights to Kuala Lumpur and from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking Borneo & Beyond tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 125+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking Borneo & Beyond tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 358 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 03 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Trekking Borneo & Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking Borneo & Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.