- Walking tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 3+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the historical state of Malacca and its major landmarks
- Visit the numerous religion worship places in Harmony Street
- Get a deeper understanding of the Dutch and the Portuguese influence in Malaysia
- Enjoy delicious Malaccanstyle local lunch
Reach Malacca after an hour and a half’s drive from KL City Centre. You’ll be picked with from your hotel, within 5 km radius of the Twin Towers. At Malacca, get the chance to admire the surviving gate of the Portuguese fortress, A Famosa, one of the oldest European structures built in Southeast Asia, dating back to 1511.
Head to the Dutch Square where the majestic salmon red town hall is located. The Stadhuys hall used to serve as the Dutch governor’s residence. Today, it hosts a museum showcasing a wide variety of Malaccan artefacts.
Our guided walk through the historic center of Melacca allows visitors to learn first-hand about the Portuguese and Dutch influences in the region’s architecture. Stop for an authentic Malaccan-style lunch made with fresh ingredients.
Visit major tourist attractions such as the Cheng Hoon Teng Taoist temple, the oldest functioning temple in Malaysia, and the quirky Jonker Street, known mostly for its antiques and unique shops. Later, enjoy a memorable drive through the picturesque Malaysian countryside and stop for a visit to an old Malaysian fishing village, locally known as “kampong”.
With our expert local guides providing essential details, this extremely popular and highly affordable tour will prove to be a fantastic educational opportunity as well.
St.Peter’s Church – Roman Catcholic Church build in 1710
Dutch Square – Stadhuys 1641 – 1660
Christ Church 1753
Queen Victoria Fountain 1901
Chinatown – Jonker street,
Hormony street, Millionaire street – Chinese temple, Hindu temple & Malay mosque
Ruins of St. Paul’s Hill
A’Famosa Porto de Santiago built in 1511
View of Straits of Malacca
Independence Building / Memorial Club House
Local Malacca Lunch
- Return trip from Kuala Lumpur on private basis
- Local lunch with Chinese tea
- Transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle
- A professional English-speaking driver and guide
- Stadhuays Museum entrance fee
- Travel Insurance
- Entrance fees to any sites not mentioned in the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationHotel pickup and dropoff from hotels and residence situated within 3 km radius from the Twin Towers Pick up and dropoff from hotels on the outskirts will be chargeable according to the distance, and you may pay the additional charge directly to the driver Confirmation of your booking will be sent by email after you make your online payment. Kindly provide your contact number with your country code when you key in your contact details as you will be contacted via What's App with updates from time to time