- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kuala Lumpur Stroll through Chinatown and marvel at the Petronas Towers in Malaysia's capital
- Malacca Discover centuries of colonial rule in the old trading port of Malacca. Take an evening river cruise through the city
- Belum Rainforest Explore one of the oldest rainforest's in the world, home to indigenous tribes and the mystical Rafflesia flower
- Georgetown Uncover 'the Pearl of the Orient' and try some wonderful street food in Penang
This journey through the tropical peninsular takes us from the gleaming metropolis of Kuala Lumpur to the idyllic beaches of Langkawi. We discover colonial buildings in Malacca, stay overnight in a forest homestay and learn how tea is picked in the Cameron Highlands.
Malacca - Stroll through this charming Dutch colonial trading port. Take an evening river cruise
Cameron Highlands - Walk through the mossy forest and try tea picked from plantations
Penang - Sample fresh and tasty street food and take in the views from atop Penang Hill
Day 1 : Join trip in Kuala Lumpur
Day 2 : Discover Kuala Lumpur's varied sights on a walking tour of the city
Day 3 : Morning visit to Batu Caves, afternoon drive to Malacca. Evening river cruise
Day 4 : Walking tour of the old town and visit to Villa Sentosa
Day 5 : Drive north to Chenderoh Lake and take an afternoon walk through rural countryside
Day 6 : Optional Kayaking before driving into the Cameron Highlands
Day 7 : Visit a tea plantation for a tea tasting session. Afternoon drive to Ipoh to catch train to Penang
Day 8 : Orientation tour of eclectic Penang,with the afternoon free for further exploration
Day 9 : Morning ferry to Langkawi island, free afternoon
Day 10 : Free time in Langkawi - relax or optional island hopping
Day 11 : Free to relax or optional cycling & exploration of mangrove forests
Day 12 : Trip ends in Langkawi
- 11 Breakfast, 2 Dinner
- 10 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple homestay
- Bus, Boat, Ferry, Public Bus, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kuala Lumpur and from Langkawi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Malaysia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 84 today.
- Save US$ 56+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Malaysia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 160 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 27 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Explore Malaysia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Malaysia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.