- City sightseeing
- Bus tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Balkan Capitals Discover the capitals of Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia
- Valbona Valley One of the most beautiful alpine valleys in Albania
- Decani Monastery Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Prizren Explore the postcard pretty town of Prizren by wandering along its cobbled streets
Discover the history and incredible scenery of Albania, North Macedonia, and one of the world's newest countries - Kosovo. It's a great introduction to a region that is off the beaten track and that most travellers know little about. Balkan Capitals - Experience the contrasting architecture and cultures of Tirana, Skopje and Pristina Valbona Valley - Walk through this dramatic alpine valley surrounded by the jagged peaks of the Accursed Mountains Lake Ohrid - Explore this glistening lake and mountain setting boasting many cultural monuments including the Saint Naum Monastery.
Day 1 : Join trip in Kruja
Day 2 : Visit Kruja bazaar; drive to Shkodra and visit Rozafa Fortress
Day 3 : Scenic journey through Kosovo to the Valbona Valley
Day 4 : Alpine hike in the scenic valley and meet a local shepherd's family
Day 5 : Enter Kosovo and visit the Decani Monastery on the way to Peja
Day 6 : Explore the Peja Highlands and the church complex of Peja Patriarch
Day 7 : Visit a waterfall, war memorial and monastery en route to Prizren
Day 8 : Wine tasting in Rahovec and visit to a Serbian enclave village
Day 9 : Walk in Sharr National Park; arrive in Skopje in North Macedonia
Day 10 : Discover Skopje, Tetovo Mosque and drive to Lake Ohrid
Day 11 : Explore Lake Ohrid and Saint Naum Monastery
Day 12 : Drive to Albania's capital Tirana and take a walking tour
Day 13 : Cable car up Mount Dajti and free afternoon in Tirana
Day 14 : Trip ends in Tirana
- 13 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Hotel Panorama (1 night)
- Hotel Tradita (1 night)
- Hotel Margjeka (2 nights)
- Hotel Dukagjini (2 nights)
- Hotel Centrum (2 nights)
- Hotel Orange Inn (1 night)
- Su Hotel, Ohrid (2 nights)
- Hotel Vila Tafaj (2 nights)
- Cable Car
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kruje and from Tirana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Undiscovered Balkans tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Undiscovered Balkans tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Undiscovered Balkans tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Undiscovered Balkans tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.