- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit an authentic Polish Christmas market full of holiday decorations and gifts
- Try some aromatic mulled wine served the traditional way, straight from a wooden barrel
- Admire Krakow’s famous handmade cribs and learn the centuriesold tradition of how they’re built
- Taste traditional seasonal dishes at a beloved local restaurant
Locals in Krakow wait all year for their favourite market: the annual Christmas market! This is the place to try festive dishes and look for traditional, handmade gifts, but it’s more than just a place to shop. It’s also a magical area, where it feels like time stands still as you explore. Stroll alongside local families among the colourful wooden stalls, admiring all the beautiful baubles and chains, and enjoying the scent of freshly cut Christmas trees.
The Palace under the Rams (Palac pod Baranami), our meeting place for this tour, is in itself a great introduction to the merry atmosphere of a Polish Christmas! From the gate stretches an incredible view of Krakow’s traditional Christmas market, which, for the entire month of December, is located in the Main Square, in the very heart of the city.
We'll start our Krakow Christmas tour with a cup of hot coffee or winter tea in a secret café that’s hidden deep underground. Once we’ve warmed our insides, we’ll head back outdoors and take a walk among the wooden stalls of the market, where you can buy the finest of local souvenirs and handmade Christmas decorations to take back home with you (just leave lots of room in your suitcase!). We’ll stop to sample some regional cheeses like oscypek, and you’ll get to try aromatic mulled wine, served directly from huge wooden barrels.
We’ll admire some traditional Krakow Christmas cribs, and you’ll learn why they are such an important tradition here. We’ll also visit a nearby gallery, where you’ll learn how beautiful hand-painted glass balls are made.
To finish off your Krakow tour, we’ll warm up in a local restaurant that’s known for serving the best festive dishes of the season. You’ll get to dig into your plate as your local guide tells you all about Christmas traditions in Krakow and throughout Poland, both today and back in communist times.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local snack
- A glass of mulled wine
- Typical Christmas plate at a nearby restaurant.
- Additional food and drinks
- items of a personal nature
- transportation to and from the meeting and end points
- tips and gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Krakow’s Christmas Market and Flavours tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 73 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Krakow’s Christmas Market and Flavours tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Krakow’s Christmas Market and Flavours tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
27 Main Square (Rynek Główny 27), inside the main gate to Under the Rams Palace (Pałac pod Baranami)Meeting end point :
Main Square of Krakow