- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience Krakow through the flavours of local cuisine
- Snap panoramic views of the Royal Castle and Cathedral
- Learn what goes into making an authentic pierogi and why they are a Polish delicacy
- Discover the local soup phenomenon and the importance of smoked cheese at a hidden local haunt
Taste the real Krakow on this food tour of the best Polish bites and sites! Sample traditional fare of pierogies, zapiekanka, and oscypek at local hideaways and explore Krakow’s bustling markets and neighbourhoods. The perfect balance of cuisine and culture for a truly authentic local experience!
Learn about Krakow through the best local restaurants and bars on this walking tour of traditional Polish food and historical monuments. After all, the best way to understand how to live a local is to eat like a local!
Get your first taste of Polish cuisine and local beer over a discussion on Polish gastronomy in Small Market Square. From there we head to Rynek Main Market Square, the vibrant historical heart of Krakow, to visit to another fabulous hidden gem for a taste of a soup so good they hold an annual festival for it.
Get your cameras out as we walk along Royal Way and catch the best panoramic view of the Royal Castle and Cathedral. Our Krakow food tour continues with an education in a national culinary treasure – pierogies! If you think you’ve had perogies, just wait until you get your paws on actual pierogies. That extra ‘i’ makes all the difference. Trust.
With our belly full of Polish delicacies, we’ll walk through Kazimierz – formerly the Jewish quarter, a neighbourhood that has blossomed into a buzzing Bohemian mecca of unique restaurants, bars, and shops. We revisit the district’s roots with a taste of the local Jewish cuisine, a shot of Bison vodka, and a listen to the live music that spills out of every restaurant on the main street.
At the end of our Krakow tour, you’ll probably be pretty tempted to stick around Kazimierz, but you’re also welcome to walk back to the city centre with us. Regardless, be sure to ask your local guide for a rundown of the best hidden haunts to spend the rest of a magical evening in Krakow.
- Local English-speaking guide
- First and second course
- Local snack
- 2 traditional alcoholic beverages
- Local fruit drink
- Additional food and drink
- items of a personal nature
- tips & gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Krakow Food by Foot tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 86 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Krakow Food by Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Krakow Food by Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the house at Mały Rynek 4 (4 Small Market Square, Old Town).Your guide will be wearing or holding something red with the Urban Adventures logo printed on it.Meeting end point :
Szeroka Street, Kazimierz Jewish QuarterCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.