- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- age_requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Try several types of excellent Polish craft beer
- Visit a local craft brewery to see the brewing process for yourself
- Taste authentic golonka (pork knuckle) with the locals
- Find out how local people spend their evenings and learn about beer culture in Krakow
Thank goodness for beer! Raise a pint at some of the best-loved local pubs and breweries in Krakow while learning about the long history of beer in the city. For instance, did you know that there were more breweries in medieval Krakow than there are today?! In between beers and bites, explore the Old Town and get off the beaten path to discover hidden corners most visitors never find, and delve headlong into beer culture in Krakow.
Culture, history and beer blend seamlessly in this unique journey through Krakow’s beer-drinking past, which goes all the way back to medieval times. We want to show you how the locals like to spend their evenings, as we walk the beer road, down vibrant streets, admiring iconic monuments whose illuminations light up the night sky. A wonderful recipe for a great night out!
Your tour begins in the city’s majestic Old Town with a short stroll along Szpitalna Street — famous for its old bookshops. Before you know it, we will reach our first stop, a historic brewery where beer was born to live — its walls have certainly seen lots of barrels over the years.
With a pint in hand, we’ll take a walk around, observing how everything works and just generally having fun inside a very small, but special beer factory. It is here that we’ll try Polish golonka (meaning pork knuckle) which, when eaten with a good beer, is a heavenly pairing for many locals!
Next up, we’ll hop on a tram and travel through medieval Krakow to find ourselves inside a totally different watering hole: a sailor’s tavern. Situated on the outskirts of the old university district, we’ll admire the stunning interior and original ambience as we sip a brew and hear stories from days gone by.
We will chat about University life, both past and present as we walk amongst the walls of the medieval district, blissfully free of the throng of students that inhabit the area during the day.
Our final stop will lead us back to the very heart of the Old Town, the Main Market Square, which is beautifully illuminated at night. What is local is sometimes hidden and that's why we will walk through a decorated gate to get to a courtyard which will take us to a mysterious, medieval cellar to continue our beer adventure… it doesn’t get more local than this!
Your tour ends here but before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay in charismatic Krakow.
- Traditional Polish meal of golonka and different beer snacks
- Local transport
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local brewery visit
- Six samples of different Polish beers.
- Additional food and drinks
- items of a personal nature
- tips and gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Krakow Beers and Cheers tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Krakow Beers and Cheers tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Krakow Beers and Cheers tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the house at Mały Rynek 4 (4 Small Market Square) Old Town.Meeting end point :
Rynek Główny (Main Market Square) in the Old Town.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.