- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Become a pierogimaking machine!
- Learn to make authentic Polish food with a local cook
- Shop for fresh vegetables and produce at the buzzing market
- Try out your Polish language skills and haggle with the market sellers
What? You haven't tried Polish food? It may not be as famous as some other country's cuisines (we're looking at you Italy!) but it's just as delicious. Join this Krakow tour to get an inside guide to cooking Polish food in the home of a local home cook.
Wanna learn how to make pierogi like a pro? Come with us on this Krakow food tour and you’ll learn how to cook up a storm in the kitchen just like the locals do!
You’ll meet your local guide just outside the centre of the city, showing you a different side to Krakow right from the start. You’ll go shopping with your guide on this Krakow markets tour through a bustling market, and get all the insider info on the fresh vegetables and produce for sale along the way. Your guide will even be able to teach you some expressions in Polish if you wish, so that you can barter at the market like a true Krakow native!
Next on this Krakow tour you’ll be taken to a family home, where you’ll be able to put all that delicious fresh produce to use and get some cooking lessons from Krakow locals. You’ll be taught how to make a pierogi, a typical Polish dish (kind of like a dumpling). Whilst you’re cooking you’ll have the chance to listen to traditional Polish classical, folk, or rock music, just to set the scene perfectly for your authentic cooking experience.
Finally, you’ll be able to enjoy the fruits of your labour and tuck into all the Krakow food you’ve been making. As you’ll be eating with a Polish family, this will also be your chance to ask all those questions you have about Polish culture, and your hosts will be very happy to teach you all about their country. Eat, drink, and be merry – Krakow style!
- Local English-speaking local guide and cook
- All the products and utensils for cooking
- Items of a personal nature
- other drinks
- tips or gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Home Cooked Krakow tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 76 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Home Cooked Krakow tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Home Cooked Krakow tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
1 Dluga Street (ul. Dluga 1, at the corner of Dluga and Basztowa) by the entrance to the bookshop “Pod Globusem&rdquoMeeting end point :
You will be responsible for arranging your own transportation back to your hotel. We can also show you how to get back to the city centre via local transport.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.