- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Krakow Explore the medieval city's maze of streets and sample the coffee culture
- Dunajec Gorge Marvel at the impressive gorge while rafting along the Dunajec River
- High Tatra Enjoy walks in the surrounding mountains
- Budapest Learn about this fascinating city on a walking tour with a local guide. Discover Castle Hill, Old Town, Fisherman's Bastion and the Royal Palace
This trip is perfect for first time travellers to Eastern Europe as it visits the best known cities as well as exploring the dramatic mountain scenery. Travel by a mix of rail and road to discover Krakow, Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and Prague. Dunajec Gorge - Marvel at this impressive gorge while rafting along the gently meandering river past the towering limestone cliffs High Tatra - Walk amid the spectacular mountain scenery with its tree covered slopes and jagged rocky peaks Banska Stiavnica - Explore this UNESCO-Listed medieval town and go underground to learn about its fascinating mining history
Day 1 : Join the trip in Krakow, Poland
Day 2 : Walk in the Old Quarter; option to visit Wieliczka Salt Mine
Day 3 : Rafting in Dunajec Gorge; arrive in the Tatra Mountains, Slovakia
Day 4 : Hiking in the Tatra Mountains
Day 5 : Train to Banska Bystrica with an orientation walk on arrival
Day 6 : Excursion to Banska Stiavnica and visit to the Mining Museum
Day 7 : Drive to Budapest, Hungary and take a guided walking tour
Day 8 : Join trip in Budapest, Hungary; orientation walk of the city
Day 9 : Drive to Bratislava, Slovakia with a walking tour on arrival
Day 10 : Train to Vienna, Austria; chance to travel back by boat
Day 11 : Visit to Lednice-Valtice and wine tasting in Mikulov, Czech Republic
Day 12 : Train to Prague and explore on foot
Day 13 : Free day in Prague with the option to visit Konopiste Castle
Day 14 : Trip ends in Prague
- 11 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights comfortable guesthouse
- 13 Breakfast
- Bus, Public Bus, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Krakow and from Prague are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Eastern Europe tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 117 today.
- Save US$ 77+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Eastern Europe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 221 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 25 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Eastern Europe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Eastern Europe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.