- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- age_requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Backroad cycling Pedal along beautiful coastlines, through tea and spice plantations and tropical forests
- Backwaters Homestay Stay in traditional village houses with local families
- Cochin Explore this fascinating colonial coastal town
- Kovalam Relax on the stunning beaches of the Arabian Sea
A cycling holiday in southern India along Kerala's backroads through a landscape of tropical forests, spice, tea and rubber plantations. Discover village life, search for wildlife in Periyar National Park and relax on Indian Ocean beaches. Keralan backwaters to the highlands - Pedal along beautiful coastlines, through plantations and tropical forests Kochi - Explore this fascinating colonial coastal town Kovalam - Relax on the stunning beaches on the Malabar Coast.
Day 1 : Trip starts in Kovalam
Day 2 : Morning cycle ride, afternoon free to relax on the Arabian coast
Day 3 : Drive to Veli Lagoon; visit Anjengo Fort and cycle to Varkala
Day 4 : Cycle through traditional Keralan villages to Kollam
Day 5 : Boat trip along Backwaters; cycle to Allepey- Manarasala Snake Temple
Day 6 : Morning cycling through Backwaters' villages; sunset canoe trip
Day 7 : Drive and cycle to Erattupetta; Planters Homestay
Day 8 : Optional cycle rides available
Day 9 : Drive and cycle to Thekkady; visit plantations and tea factory
Day 10 : Forest walk, explore Thekkady - Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 11 : Great cycle descent to Kuttikanam, drive to Kochi
Day 12 : Tour of Kochi by cycle; evening boat cruise
Day 13 : Tour ends Kochi
- 12 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Soma Palmshore Beach Resort (2 nights)
- Deshadan Cliff and Beach Resort (1 night)
- Hotel Regant Lake Palace (1 night)
- Green Palace Resort (2 nights)
- Planters Homestay (2 nights)
- Grand Thekkady (2 nights)
- Hotel Fort Queen (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide
- Assistant Cycle Guide
- Boat Crew
- Bike Mechanic
- Any international flights to Kovalam and from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Kerala tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 119 today.
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Kerala tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Kerala tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Kerala tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.