- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3570
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Discover the natural and historical beauty of northern section of Borneo in the Malaysian state of Sabah, and understand why this one of the original and best-selling Intrepid Adventures.
- Climb Mt Kinabalu – the literal pinnacle of all treks in South East Asia – with local guides whose families have trekked the mountain for generations, witnessing a stunning sunrise after a morning hike.
- Spend time getting to know the unique wildlife of Borneo at conservation sanctuaries for orangutans, proboscis monkeys and sun bears.
- Join a local ranger and witness the special life cycle of sea turtles coming ashore on Turtle Island to lay their eggs on the beach, with the hatchlings making a dash down the beach to their new life.
- Cruise down the Kinabatangan River and search for wildlife in this rich and unique jungle ecosystem – if you’re lucky, you may spot wild pygmy elephants!
Explore a mystical land of natural beauty and rare wildlife on this 11-day Sabah Adventure. With its collection of unique animals, ancient traditions, hot springs, tribal villages, loveable orangutans and incredible views, Sabah has something for everyone. Experience the very best of this part of Borneo – climbing Mt Kinabalu, watching sea turtles lay their eggs with an expert local ranger by your side and sharing laughs with your local village hosts. Each moment of this incredible small group adventure will give you a fascinating insight into the wildlife of Borneo.
Day 1: Kota Kinabalu
Day 2: Dusun Village
Day 3: Mt Kinabalu National Park
Day 4: Mt Kinabalu National Park
Day 5: Mt Kinabalu – Poring Hot Springs
Day 6: Poring Hot Springs
Day 7: Kinabatangan River
Day 8: Sandakan
Day 9: Turtle Island
Day 10: Sepilok
Day 11: Sepilok
- Chalet (1 night), Resort (1 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hostel (3 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Lodge (2 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Private mini van , River Boat
- An expert tour leader
- Dusun Village - Guided village walk
- Dusun Village - Cultural performance
- Mt Kinabalu National Park - Mt Kinabalu Climb
- Poring Hot Springs - Poring Conservation Fee
- Kinabatangan River - Night jungle walk
- Kinabatangan River - Afternoon Wildlife Cruise
- Kinabatangan River - Dawn wildlife cruise
- Sandakan - War Memorial
- Turtle Island - Turtle Island Marine Park
- Turtle Island - Turtle Hatchery Visit
- Sepilok - Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Any international flights to Kota Kinabalu and from Sepilok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sabah Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sabah Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 January 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 January 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sabah Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sabah Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Climbing Mt Kinabalu is a challenge that shouldn't be underestimated. Elevation is above 2800 m and we rise early to summit in the dark in order to be able to witness the sunrise. It's an unforgettable climb for sure, but you'll need to have an excellent level of fitness to complete it. Read our blog here for everything you need to know about climbing Mt Kinabalu: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/guide-to-climbing-mt-kinabalu-borneo/
- You'll need to pack some specific items for this trip – check the ‘Packing List’ in the Essential Trip Information for more details so you are prepared.
- You will get to experience a wide range of accommodation types on this trip – shared dormitory rooms in hostels, a homestay, resort, jungle lodge and hotels. Some may be a little more basic than our standard hotels, but their unique locations and close proximity to nature is what makes them special.
- This trip has a focus on nature and wildlife – definitely one for those who enjoy being outdoors. If you are looking for a trip to Borneo with a bit more comfort and without climbing Mt Kinabalu, check out Intrepid’s Classic Borneo adventure – search trip code TMKB on our website for more information.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.