- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Gather local ingredients and take a cooking class.
- Enjoy a river safari.
- Visit an orangutan rehabilitation centre.
- Watch the sunrise from the summit of Mt Kinabalu.
The natural splendour of Borneo’s Eastern Sabah region and towering peaks of Mt Kinabalu, all on one adventure? Where do I sign up?” Right here, friend. This incredible 11-day tour delivers ample time in Malaysia’s jungle playground (including a life-changing encounter with orangutans at a rehabilitation facility) before three days in the shadow of mighty Mt Kinabalu – the tallest peak in this part of the world – climaxing with a sunrise hike to the mountain’s peak. Prepare to be amazed.
Day 1: Kota Kinabalu
Day 2: Kota Kinabalu/Kundasang
Day 3: Kundasang/Sungai Kinabatangan
Day 4: Sungai Kinabatangan
Day 5: Sungai Kinabatangan/Sepilok
Day 6: Sepilok/Pulau Libaran
Day 7: Pulau Libaran/Kota Kinabalu
Day 8: Kota Kinabalu/Mount Kinabalu
Day 9: Mount Kinabalu
Day 10: Mount Kinabalu/Kota Kinabalu
Day 11: Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels (4 nts), jungle lodge/hostel (2 nts), homestay (1 nt, multi-share), permanent tented camp (1 nt), mountain lodge/hostel (2 nts, multi-share).
10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
Note: Allow USD90-120 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, plane, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Libaran Island Village Walk, Pulau Libaran
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Local Farms and Cooking Class, Mesilou Village
- Your Local Living Moment: Mesilou Village Stay, Mesilou Village
- Morning and evening Kinabatangan River safaris
- Guided oxbow lake visit and wildlife spotting (Kinabatangan)
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre visit
- Turtle Island stay with turtle hatchery visit
- Mt Kinabalu hike (2 days)
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Sabah & Mt Kinabalu tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 88 today.
- Save US$ 58+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Sabah & Mt Kinabalu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Sabah & Mt Kinabalu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Sabah & Mt Kinabalu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.