- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 11+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Manukan Island Boat trip to this protected tropical island with excellent snorkeling opportunities
- Kinabatangan Stay in a jungle lodge and cruise the river to see proboscis monkeys
- Sepilok See the loveable orangutans at this world famous rehabilitation centre
- Longhouse Sleep in a traditional style longhouse on a tea plantation
An action packed adventure ideal for wildlife enthusiasts. The state of Sabah in Borneo boasts over 200 species of mammal, 450 species of bird and 8,000 plant species. Visit the world's largest Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre, a Sun Bear sanctuary and cruise jungle waterways in search of proboscis monkey with time to relax on the coast at the end of the trip. Pulau Tiga Island - Boat trip to this protected tropical island with excellent snorkelling opportunities Kinabatangan - Stay in a jungle lodge and cruise the river to see proboscis monkeys Longhouse - Experience rural Borneo. Sleep in a traditional style longhouse with local families For active families we offer the trek to summit Mt Kinabalu, planned on 5th and 19th July 2020 and 2nd August 2020. Due to the demanding nature of this trek these dates are open to children aged 11 and over.
Day 1 : Join tour Kota Kinabalu
Day 2 : Boat trip and snorkelling at Manukan Island; optional thrilling zipline between two tropical islands
Day 3 : Fly to Sandakan; drive to Sepilok and visit orang-utan rehabilitation centre
Day 4 : Rainforest Discovery Centre and Sun Bear Sanctuary; drive to Sukau on the Kinabatangan River
Day 5 : In Sukau; wildlife cruise viewing, jungle walks, boat cruise
Day 6 : Drive to Kinabalu National Park via Poring Hot Springs
Day 7 : In Kinabalu National Park; walk to Laban Rata (base camp)
Day 8 : Optional summit ascent of Mount Kinabalu for sunrise
Day 9 : Bus to Kuala Penyu; boat to Pulau Tiga
Day 10 : Morning on Pulau Tiga. Afternoon return to Kota Kinabalu
Day 11 : Tour ends Kota Kinabalu
- 9 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 5 Dinner
- 4 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple lodge
- 2 nights comfortable lodge
- 2 nights simple hostel
- 1 night comfortable chalet
- Bus, Boat, Ferry, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s), Trek Crew
- Any international flights to/from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Borneo Wildlife Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 88 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 166 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Family Borneo Wildlife Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Borneo Wildlife Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.