- National parks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience life in a Dusun village while enjoying a delicious homecooked lunch of local specialties.
- Explore the unspoiled wilderness of the Kinabalu National Park by walking the trails at the base of this muchadmired mountain.
- One of the wildest places on earth, Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see orangutans in Sepilok and proboscis monkeys at Labuk Bay.
- Search for wildlife when you’re cruising the Kinabatangan River on a water safari and while you’re in the depths of the wilderness on a jungle walk.
Have an essential Borneo experience on this ten-day adventure to its natural hotspots. Head into lush jungles, down scenic rivers and through the traditional villages of this beautiful region. On the way, soak up stunning mountain vistas, meet local villagers, relax on stunning beaches and have an encounter with some pretty special wildlife. There's no doubt that this adventure in Borneo will find its way into your heart and leave you with unforgettable memories.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Dusun Village - Mt Kinabalu National Park - Kundasang
Sepilok - Labuk Bay - Sandakan
- Lodge (2 nights), Hotel (4 nights), Resort (3 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Plane , Private mini van
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Mt Kinabalu National Park - Lower trails guided walk
- Mt Kinabalu National Park - Mount Kinabalu Botanical Garden
- Dusun Village - Home-cooked lunch
- Kinabatangan River - Afternoon Wildlife Spotting Cruise
- Bilit Rainforest Lodge - Lunch
- Bilit Rainforest Lodge - Dinner
- Kinabatangan River - Orang Sungei guided village walk
- Sandakan - War Memorial
- Sukau - Gomantong Caves
- Sepilok - Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Sepilok - Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary
- Tunku Abdul National Marine Park - Boat trip & snorkelling
- Any international flights to/from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Borneo tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Borneo tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Borneo tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Borneo tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- As you travel across Sabah, you'll stay in a variety of different accommodation, from standard hotels, to jungle lodges. Some accommodation may have less amenities than a standard hotel, but the unique locations and proximity to nature make them stand out favourites for travellers.
- Less time spent in a vehicle; more time to explore each destination. This trip has been carefully designed to give you the best experience of a region by reducing the number of one-night-only stops, giving you extra time in the places that matter. With this in mind, be prepared for some long drives of up to 5 hours. Wherever possible, you'll make stops in interesting locations to break up the trip and we use private transport throughout for extra comfort.
- You’ll be walking some of the lower trails in Kinabalu National Park, however you do not climb the mountain itself. If this is something that interests you, check out Intrepid’s Sabah Adventure (trip code TMSC) or Borneo: Hike, Bike & Kayak (trip code TMXB) trips.
- Travelling light is essential, as there is a strict 15 kg maximum luggage limit for check in luggage on your internal flight. Excess luggage will incur extra fees, payable on ground to the airline.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal