- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 9+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Stay at a Kinabatangan jungle lodge jungle walks and wildlife river cruises
- Visit Kota Kinabalu National Park trekking and bathing in hot springs
- See orangutans of Sepilok and Proboscis monkeys of Labuk Bay
- Relax on a tropical island with white sand beaches and spectacular snorkelling
Borneo is an amazing tropical paradise. Get up close to the island's 'wild-men' at Sepilok Orang-utan Rehabilitation Project and to the big-nosed Proboscis monkeys at Labuk Bay Sanctuary. Enjoy an idyllic island getaway and snorkel among colourful fish and sea turtles. From a jungle lodge we head out by longboat and on foot in search of wild macaques and crocodiles. There’s time too for exploring the trails in Kinabalu National Park, and for relaxing in the thermal pools of Poring Hot Springs.
Day 1: Start Kota Kinabalu
Day 2: Hike through rubber and fruit plantation; spend the night in a homestay in
Tanak Nabulu village
Day 3: To Kinabalu Park exploring the lower trails and botanical gardens; overnight
in local resort lodge
Day 4: Transfer to Sabah Tea Gardens; soak in Poring Hot Springs and take to the
trees with a Canopy walk
Day 5-6: Visit Tea factory; onto Kinabatangan; enjoy morning and afternoon river
cruises; explore the jungle on foot
Day 7-8: Probiscis monkey sanctuary, Sepilok Orangutan sanctuary and optional visit to
the rainforest discovery centre and Sun bear sanctuary
Day 9: Fly back to Kota Kinabalu and transfer to Manukan Island
Day 10: Spend the day snorkelling in Tunku Abdul Marine Park
Day 11: Free day before transferring back to Kota Kinabalu
Day 12: End Kota Kinabalu
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo Wildlife Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo Wildlife Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Borneo Wildlife Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo Wildlife Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.