- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
If you are a wildlife lover and a big fan of the ocean, this is the adventure for you! Think silky sunsets, waterfalls, culture, orangutans, diving and awesome people to share it with. If you like the sound of that, then this trip will tick all your boxes. It is an action-packed adventure throwing you into the culture of Malaysian Borneo and all its beauty. Learn about local traditions, visit orangutans in their natural habitat, trek to insane waterfalls, enjoy a river safari and finish your trip completing an open water PADI diving course! Whether you're a qualified diver or looking to learn, this adventure is right up your street.
Day 1: Airport Pick Up
Day 2: Mari Mari Cultural Village Trip
Day 3: Orangutan & Sun Bear Rehabilitation Centre
Day 4: Kinabatangan River Safari
Day 5: Morning River Safari & Kundasang War Memorial
Day 6: Langanan Waterfall Trek & Hot Springs
Day 7: Relaxing Day
Day 8: Open Water Diving Course, Gaya Island
Day 9: Open Water Diving Course, Gaya Island
Day 10: Open Water Diving Course, Gaya Island
Day 11: Open Water Diving Course, Gaya Island
Day 12: Chilled Checkout
- All accommodation is included. Accommodation is mainly in twin share rooms. Sometimes dorm accommodations are used which will be exclusive to your tour group.
- 2 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 1 dinner
- All transportation is included
- Airport pickup (Up to 2 days before tour)
- An experienced guide throughout the trip.
- Mari Mari Cultural Village Trip
- Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Sun Bear Rehabilitation Centre
- x2 Kinabatangan River Safari
- Gomantong Caves
- Kundasang War Memorial
- Langanan Waterfall Trek
- Hot Springs
- Mount Kinabalu’s Tree Tops
- Open water PADI course or equivalent
- Any international flights to Kota Kinabalu and from Gaya Island are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo & Below tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo & Below tour. You can cancel the tour up to 31 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 30 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 February 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 30 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Borneo & Below tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo & Below tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 18 years oldCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Our guides have enhanced training in how to carry out their role using social distancing measures. They are trained to take extra precautions against the spread of COVID-19.