- Local culture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- One of the last remaining wild places on earth, Borneo offers a rare treat for the nature lover. It's one of the world's last two remaining homes to the orangutan
- Among our favourite Borneo destinations is Mulu National Park. Here you can hike through spectacular untouched jungle and visit Asia's longest cave
- The Kinabatangan River is a birdlover's paradise. All eight of Borneo's hornbill varieties are commonly spotted here as well as a variety of other fascinating wildlife such as pygmy elephants
- As well visiting the beautiful endangered orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, meet another of the region's most vulnerable species the Malaysian sun bear
With its dense rainforests, tropical coastal islands and mysterious jungle valleys, Borneo is a rare destination these days. It’s a place where you can still encounter nature in its truest form, with a rich variety of colourful and endangered wildlife amidst amazing natural scenery. This trip to the Malaysian state of Sabah and Sarawak takes you face to face with many unique species, including orangutans, proboscis monkeys and hornbills.
Mulu National Park
Mulu National Park
- Comfortable Hotel (5 nights), Feature stay in Kinabatanhan River Jungle Lodge (2 nights), Resort (2 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Plane , Private vehicle , 4WD vehicle , Boat
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Mulu National Park - Deer & Lang Caves guided walk
- Mulu National Park - Sunset bat experience
- Mulu National Park - Wind & Clearwater Caves guided walk
- Kota Kinabalu - BBQ dinner with a local family
- Kinabatangan River - Afternoon Wildlife Spotting Cruise
- Sandakan - War Memorial
- Kinabatangan River - Morning wildlife spotting cruise
- Sepilok - Rainforest Discovery Centre
- Sepilok - Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Sepilok - Sepilok Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Kota Kinabalu - Mari Mari Cultural Village
- Any international flights to/from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 94+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Borneo Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Travelling light is essential, as the included domestic flights have a strict 15kg maximum for check in luggage.
- The accommodation varies from hotels to a jungle lodge. The jungle lodge may be a little more basic than our standard hotels. The unique location and close proximity to wildlife is what makes the jungle lodge special.
- In gorgeous Mulu National Park you explore the jungle by low rise long tail boat. These can be slightly difficult to get on and off, so be sure to take care when you do so.
- There will be a few walks included on this trip on forested paths that can get wet and slippery. Shoes with a good grip are highly recommended.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal
The Intrepid Foundation