- Active and outdoor
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Adivasi Mela Mix with members of the tribes of Orissa at the annual tribal fair where their cultures and traditions are celebrated
- Tribal village walk Take a walk through small villages and hamlets to meet members of the Desia and Kutia Kondh tribes
- Local markets Wander around colourful remote markets where people from the Bonda and Dongria Kondh tribes come their only regular interaction with the wider world
- Joranda Witness the holy men of the Mahima Dharma religion as they perform their evening rites with fire and chanting
The Ethiopian people don't have a lot of material things but what they have they are willing to share. It was a real eye opener and is making me re-think how I live. I'm really glad I went there.”
Day 1 : Join trip in Kolkata (Calcutta); explore the Kalighat area.
Day 2 : Explore Kolkata's temples and historic buildings
Day 3 : Fly and drive to Dhenkanal, visit the Mahima Holy Men of Joranda
Day 4 : Drive to Bhubaneshwar visiting Udayagiri and Ratnagiri monasteries en route
Day 5 : Explore the 'temple city' of Bhubaneshwar and visit the Tribal Fair
Day 6 : Drive to Puri via Dhauli and the village of Pipli
Day 7 : Discover the Konark Sun Temple and Chandrabagha fishing village
Day 8 : Boat ride on Chilika Lake, drive to the tribal belt and Phulbani
Day 9 : Walk through tribal villages and drive to Rayagada
Day 10 : Visit the Chatikona market where the Dongria Kondh come to buy and sell their goods
Day 11 : Visit Onukudelli market and see the Bonda tribe and the nearby Duduma Waterfalls
Day 12 : Drive to Visakhapatnam and take the overnight train to Kolkata
Day 13 : Free afternoon in Kolkata
Day 14 : Trip ends in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Lynq Cico Hotel (3 nights)
- Dhenkanal Palace (1 night)
- Hindustan International Bhubaneswar (2 nights)
- Hotel Holiday Resort (2 nights)
- KP Salunki (1 night)
- Hotel Sai International (1 night)
- Hotel Lemon Castle (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Vizag to Kolkata (1 night)
- 12 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kolkata are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tribes and Temples of Orissa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tribes and Temples of Orissa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tribes and Temples of Orissa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tribes and Temples of Orissa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.