- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Bodh Gaya Visit to the spiritual centre of Buddhism
- Varanasi Soak up the atmosphere in this sacred Hindu city
- Agra Watch the sunrise over the beautiful Taj Mahal
- Delhi Explore Old and New Delhi
Travel on India's extensive rail network from buzzing Kolkata in the East to Amritsar's Golden Temple. On the way we delve into India's melting pot of religions including Hinduism in Varanasi and Buddhism in Bodh Gaya as well as sailing along the Ganges and riding the iconic toy train to Shimla. Varanasi - Soak up the atmosphere in this sacred Hindu city and see the Ganga Aarti ceremony on the scared Ghats Agra & Delhi- Watch the sunrise over the beautiful Taj Mahal and explore the wonders of Old and New Delhi Amritsar - Experience the captivating atmosphere of the Golden Temple, the sacred heart of the Sikh faith
Day 1 : Join trip in Kolkata
Day 2 : Explore the bustling city of Kolkata
Day 3 : Travel to the Buddhist town of Bodh Gaya, an important pilgrimage site
Day 4 : See the sacred Bodhi tree, under which Buddha attained enlightenment. Take a train to Varanasi
Day 5 : Visit Sarnath's temples and sail on the Ganges
Day 6 : Free morning before an overnight train to Agra
Day 7 : Discover Agra's imposing Red Fort and the deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri
Day 8 : Visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise. Travel to Delhi
Day 9 : Explore New Delhi and the narrow lanes of the old city
Day 10 : Travel on the Kalka Shatabdi and Toy Train to Shimla
Day 11 : Take a walking tour to see Shimla's Vice Regal Lodge
Day 12 : Free time to explore the former hill station of Shimla
Day 13 : Travel to the holy Sikh city of Amritsar
Day 14 : Visit the Golden Temple and the border with Pakistan
Day 15 : Trip ends in Amritsar
- 14 Breakfasts
- Lynq Cico Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Tathagat International (1 night)
- Hotel Silk City (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Varanasi to Agra (1 night)
- Hotel Amar (1 night)
- The Suncourt Hotel Yatri (2 nights)
- Ashiana Clarks Inn (3 nights)
- Hotel Ritz Plaza (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kolkata and from Amritsar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kolkata to Amritsar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kolkata to Amritsar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kolkata to Amritsar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kolkata to Amritsar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.