- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Bodh Gaya Visit to the spiritual centre of Buddhism
- Varanasi Soak up the atmosphere in this sacred Hindu city
- Agra Watch the sunrise over the beautiful Taj Mahal
- Delhi Explore Old and New Delhi
Travel on India's extensive rail network from buzzing Kolkata in the East to Amritsar's Golden Temple. On the way we delve into India's melting pot of religions including Hinduism in Varanasi and Buddhism in Bodh Gaya as well as sailing along the Ganges and riding the iconic toy train to Shimla. Varanasi - Soak up the atmosphere in this sacred Hindu city and see the Ganga Aarti ceremony on the scared Ghats Agra & Delhi- Watch the sunrise over the beautiful Taj Mahal and explore the wonders of Old and New Delhi Amritsar - Experience the captivating atmosphere of the Golden Temple, the sacred heart of the Sikh faith
Day 1 : Join trip in Kolkata
Day 2 : Explore the bustling city of Kolkata
Day 3 : Travel to the Buddhist town of Bodh Gaya, an important pilgrimage site
Day 4 : See the sacred Bodhi tree, under which Buddha attained enlightenment. Take a train to Varanasi
Day 5 : Visit Sarnath's temples and sail on the Ganges
Day 6 : Free morning before an overnight train to Agra
Day 7 : Discover Agra's imposing Red Fort and the deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri
Day 8 : Visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise. Travel to Delhi
Day 9 : Explore New Delhi and the narrow lanes of the old city
Day 10 : Travel on the Kalka Shatabdi and Toy Train to Shimla
Day 11 : Take a walking tour to see Shimla's Vice Regal Lodge
Day 12 : Free time to explore the former hill station of Shimla
Day 13 : Travel to the holy Sikh city of Amritsar
Day 14 : Visit the Golden Temple and the border with Pakistan
Day 15 : Trip ends in Amritsar
- 14 Breakfast
- 13 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple overnight train
- Bus, Boat, Rickshaw, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kolkata and from Amritsar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kolkata to Amritsar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 88 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 166 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kolkata to Amritsar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kolkata to Amritsar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.