- City sightseeing
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The Sundarbans Take a cruise through the UNESCO World Heritage landscapes of one of the world's largest mangrove forests
- Darjeeling Take a ride on the 'Toy Train' in this famous hill station
- Gangtok Soak up the atmosphere in the colourful Sikkimese capital
- Thimpu Spend time in the most relaxed capital city in the world
Travel from bustling Kolkata and the nearby mangrove area of the Sundarbans, through Eastern India and into the fascinating Buddhist Kingdom of Bhutan. With the backdrop of the dramatic Himalayan Mountain range, discover relics of the Raj, ruined monasteries and ancient temples. North East India- Travel through lush scenery and learn about the influence of Buddhism in this region of India Bhutan- Learn all about the land which measures its success in \ Gross Domestic Happiness\ Kathmandu- End your trip in the chaotic yet intriguing capital of Nepal, home to Durbar Square and Pashupatinath temple
Day 1 : Join trip in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Day 2 : Explore Kolkata's temples and historic buildings
Day 3 : Discover more of Kolkata; visit to Belur Math and Dakshineswar Kali Temple
Day 4 : Search for wildlife in the Sundarbans
Day 5 : Cruise through narrow creeks to Dobanke wildlife viewing platform
Day 6 : Return to Kolkata. Overnight train and drive to Darjeeling
Day 7 : Continue to Darjeeling, the land of tea estates
Day 8 : Visit Tiger Hill for views over the Himalaya. Free afternoon in Darjeeling
Day 9 : Ride on the Toy Train to Ghoom Monastery
Day 10 : Drive to Pelling. Evening walk to Sanga Choling Monastery
Day 11 : Walk on the shores of Kecheopelri Lake; visit Pemayangtse Monastery
Day 12 : Explore Sikkim's former capital. Drive to Gangtok
Day 13 : Visit a Tibetan craft centre. Free time to relax
Day 14 : Drive to Kalimpong stopping at Rumtek Monastery
Day 15 : Pass through vast tea estates and enter Bhutan
Day 16 : Discover Thimpu's Tashichho Dzong
Day 17 : Cross the Dochu La Pass en route to Punakha
Day 18 : Visit the riverside dzong before driving to Paro
Day 19 : Enjoy the displays at the famous Paro Festival
Day 20 : Hike to the Tiger's Nest Monastery
Day 21 : Fly to Kathmandu. Walk through Durbar Square
Day 22 : Trip ends in Kathmandu
- 21 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Lynq Cico Hotel (3 nights)
- Sunderban Tiger Camp (2 nights)
- Overnight Train Kolkata to New Jalpaiguri (1 night)
- Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel (3 nights)
- Summit Newa Regency (2 nights)
- Summit Golden Crescent Resort & Spa (2 nights)
- Summit Barsana Resort and Spa (1 night)
- Lhaki Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel River View (1 night)
- Punakha Camp (1 night)
- Dewachen Resort - Paro (3 nights)
- Hotel Ambassador (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kolkata and from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Darjeeling and Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 193+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Darjeeling and Bhutan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Darjeeling and Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Darjeeling and Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.