- Countryside and village visits
- Local boat rides
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take a boat ride on the third largest river in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy the surrounding nature and wildlife
- Drive with an experienced guide who will show you all the best sights
The boat goes up the Bentota River along the beautiful mangrove banks. As you ride, spot the water monitors, various kinds of birds, and, with a bit of luck, a crocodile in the wild. Birds in the area include kingfisher, bee-eater, egrets, eagles, fruit bats, cormorants and others.
The boat will stop at a home garden where you will be given a demonstration of the coir industry, after which you can enjoy a tea or coffee and some fresh local fruit. If time permits, on the way back the boat will travel to the river mouth, a picturesque place perfect place for nature and photography enthusiasts.
Choose a morning or afternoon departure time. The insured boats hold a twin-engine and are large and comfortable with an overhead cover/canopy. They come prepared with life jackets, raincoats and first aid kits.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking professional guide
- All government taxes
- Boat ride (including life jackets and first aid kit)
- Expenses of personal nature
- Camera permits
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.