- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The beautiful hill station of MunnarTrekking through the historic tea plantations of KeralaThe colourful Sri Meenakshi temple at MaduraiA night on the traditional houseboats of Kerala
Traversing the Western Ghats from the colonial hill station of Munnar to the colourful temple town of Madurai, we discover the two southern states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Kerala is a true tropical paradise with idyllic beaches, fertile forests and plantations of spice and tea, and it is here where we reach our highest point, Meesapulimala Peak (2630m). We then cross into the barren landscape of Tamil Nadu and marvel at the intricately carved Sri Meenakshi Temple at Madurai. A trip to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary boasts an array of wildlife and an abundance of colourful birdlife, and a cruise on a traditional houseboat offers the chance to relax on the tranquil backwaters of Kerala. Our journey ends in historical Cochin, a port which has been luring traders and explorers for over 600 years.
Day 1: Start Cochin
Day 2: Drive to the beautiful hill station of Munnar
Day 3: Day walk through Munnar's surrounding hills; optional visit to a Tea Museum
Day 4: Trek in the Silent Valley with beautiful views of the tea estates
Day 5: Ascend Meesapulimala Peak (2630m), the highest in the area
Day 6: Trek through plantations and thick forest to Yellapetty Village; on to
Day 7: Trek to Koviloor via Vattavada village (1900m)
Day 8: Trek through the plantation ridge, drive on to Mundhan
Day 9: To Madurai; visit the colourful Sri Meenakshi Temple
Day 10: To Thekkady (Periyar National Park); evening walk through spice gardens
Day 11: Morning nature walk; optional afternoon boat ride on Periyar Lake to see wild
Day 12: To Alleppey for overnight stay on a traditional Keralan houseboat
Day 13: To our homestay on the Malabar Coast; explore local fisherman's village
Day 14: To Cochin; afternoon sightseeing; Kathakali dance show (optional)
Day 15: End Cochin
- 8 nights hotels, 4 nights camping, 1 night homestay, 1 night houseboat5 days point-to-point trekking with full porterage; plus 2 shorter walksAltitude maximum 2630m, average 1600mGroup normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min. age 16 yrs ,All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners includedAll accommodationTransfer for group flights
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Spice Trails of Kerala tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spice Trails of Kerala tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spice Trails of Kerala tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spice Trails of Kerala tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.