- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Live like a local in the Kerala backwaters.
- Travel to the southern tip of India in Kanyakumari.
- Explore temples and palaces up the east coast.
- Visit bustling Kolkata.
It’s common knowledge that India is a huge tourist destination — so what do you do if you want to get off the beaten path and check out some underexplored parts of the country? Get on the train, of course. Hop on board and go from the deep south of Kochi up the east coast towards bustling Kolkata, disembarking to explore temples and palaces along the way. You’ll have the chance to explore smaller cities and villages on the coast, getting a perspective on this country that few have the opportunity to experience. Once you’ve lived like a local hopping off and back on the train for your next adventure, you’ll be seeing India in a brand new light.
Day 1: Kochi
Day 2: Kochi/Alleppey
Day 3: Alleppey/Kanyakumari
Day 4: Kanyakumari/Madurai
Day 5: Madurai
Day 6: Madurai/Māmallapuram
Day 7: Māmallapuram
Day 8: Māmallapuram/Chennai
Day 9: Hyderabad
Day 10: Hyderabad/Puri
Day 11: Puri
Day 12: Puri/Kolkata
Day 13: Kolkata
Day 14: Kolkata
- Hotels/guesthouses (11 nts), homestay (1 nt), sleeper train (1 nt).
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD315-410 for meals not included.
- Train (seats), train (beds), private van, walking, plane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Backwaters canal ride
- Vivekananda Rock and Ramkrishna Ashram visit
- Meenakshi Temple visit
- Cycle tour to Shore Temple and Mamallapuram Beach
- Chennai city tour
- Charminar and Golconda Fort visit
- Jagannath Temple visit
- Raghuraj Pur village visit
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kochi and from Kolkata are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern India & East Coast by Rail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 64 today.
- Save US$ 42+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern India & East Coast by Rail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Southern India & East Coast by Rail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern India & East Coast by Rail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : RailGet closer to the big cities, isolated communities, and stunning landscapes of the world's greatest destinations via train-based adventures on iconic rail routes.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.