- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the old spice town of Cochin
- Marvel at the beautiful palace in Mysore
- Madurai's magnificently carved Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Cruise the Keralan backwaters on a traditional houseboat
A region of great charm, southern India offers travellers beautiful cities, colonial hill stations, colourful temples, a relaxed lifestyle, attractive scenery and some of the best food in India. The major cities of the south were once princely capitals of the maharajas, and their magnificent remains contrast dramatically with the cool, mist-shrouded hill stations established by the British Raj. The natural scenery is also immensely rewarding; forest-clad hills slope down to a shoreline of shady lagoons, wooded islands, ancient spice ports and sandy beaches. This is an exceptionally varied and interesting trip and gives a comprehensive view of the whole of South India.
Day 1: Start Cochin.
Day 2: Explore historic spice port.
Day 3: Climb through Nilgiri Hills to Ooty.
Day 4: Relax, walk, ride or ride the miniature steam railway.
Day 5: To Mysore through Mudmalai and Bandipur N.P.
Day 6: Explore palaces and temples of Mysore.
Day 7: To Hassan via Halebid, Belur and Sravanabelagola temples.
Day 8: Drive to Bangalore; explore the city before catching a train to Chennai.
Day 9: Tour of Chennai; visit St Thomas Church; transfer to Mahabalipuram
Day 10: Morning sightseeing; explore rock-cut caves; afternoon free.
Day 11: To Pondicherry via Vedantangal Bird Sanctuary.
Day 12: To Thanjavur through fertile Kaveri Delta.
Day 13: Explore Thanjavur; to Madurai.
Day 14: Visit Meenakshi Temple; free time.
Day 15: Westward to Kerala and Periyar National Park.
Day 16: Explore Periyar National Park; morning nature walk; optional afternoon boat
Day 17: To Alleppey; board houseboat for backwater cruise.
Day 18: Leave houseboat and drive to Kovalam; afternoon free.
Day 19: Optional visit to Kanyakumari - the southernmost tip of India - or relax on
Day 20: End Kovalam.
- 18 nights hotels, 1 night houseboat , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner included
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader. Min. age 16 yrs
- Travel by air-conditioned private bus and train
- Diwali Festival departure available
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South India Explored tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 90 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 258 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 01 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South India Explored tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South India Explored tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.