- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Local boat rides
- Shopping and Markets
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-4447
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Relax in the calm backwaters.
- Experience a local homestay.
- Chill out on quiet beaches.
- Explore ecosystems aboard an Alleppey ferry cruise.
- Sample South Indian cuisine.
Now's the time to explore India on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Watch the sunset through the fishing nets of Kochi, stretch out on white-sand beaches, drift through the tranquil backwaters, and rise at dawn to see the sunrise — trust us, it's worth not hitting snooze. This seven-day tour offers a quick yet intimate introduction to the diversity of south India. Unwind with free time or some yoga, meet the local people, and spend the night with a local family. How's that sound for an authentic cultural experience?
Day 1: Kochi
Day 2: Kochi/Alleppey
Day 3: Alleppey/Kollam
Day 4: Kollam/Varkala
Day 5: Varkala
Day 6: Varkala/Kochi
Day 7: Kochi
- Simple hotels or guesthouse (twin-share) (5 nts), homestay (1 nt).
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD145-190 for meals not included.
- Bus, boat, taxi, tuk-tuk
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lunch at Theruvarom Women Empowerment Project, Alleppey Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Moment - Meet Your CEO and Group Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends Your Local Living Moment: Alleppey Homestay, Alleppey Your Big Night Out Moment: Kochi Nightlife, Kochi. Orientation walks in Alleppey, Kollam, and Fort Kochi. Kerala boat tour. Morning ferry cruise on Alleppey's backwaters. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lunch at Theruvarom Women Empowerment Project, Alleppey
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Moment - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Local Living Moment: Alleppey Homestay, Alleppey
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Kochi Nightlife, Kochi
- Orientation walks in Alleppey, Kollam, and Fort Kochi
- Kerala boat tour
- Morning ferry cruise on Alleppey's backwaters
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kerala: Beaches & Backwaters tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 24+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kerala: Beaches & Backwaters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kerala: Beaches & Backwaters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kerala: Beaches & Backwaters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.