- Chill out
- Local boat rides
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Known as 'God's Own Country', Kerala is a relaxing contrast to other Indian states. Explore tea and spice plantations at Munnar, learn about a rich history in the ancient trading port of Kochi, and overnight on a traditional houseboat, experiencing village life as you glide through the tranquil Keralan Backwaters. Kochi - Explore colonial Kochi from the water, including the Fort, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace Kumarakom - Witness waterfront village life as you cruise through the tranquil 'backwaters' Periyar - Search for elephants and other wildlife in Periyar National Park
Day 1 : Trip begins in Kochi (Cochin)
Day 2 : Explore the fort and Jewish Quarter of Kochi
Day 3 : Travel to the tea gardens of Munnar
Day 4 : Visit tea and spice plantations; drive to Thekkady
Day 5 : Take a walk in Periyar National Park
Day 6 : Free day; take a bike ride around the area or visit a bird sanctuary
Day 7 : Board a houseboat and float through the backwaters
Day 8 : Free time to explore Kochi
Day 9 : Trip ends in Kochi (Cochin)
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Bright Heritage (3 nights)
- Edassery Eastend (1 night)
- Abad Green Forest (1 night)
- Eastend Lakesong Resort (2 nights)
- Houseboat (1 night)
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kerala Backwaters - Private Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 66 today.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kerala Backwaters - Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kerala Backwaters - Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kerala Backwaters - Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.