- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Houseboat Drift through the backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Homestay Enjoy a tasty homecooked curry whilst spending the night with a local family
- Hill stations Head for hills and spend time in the cooler climate perfect for cultivating tea
- Kochi Explore Kochi from the water, including Fort Kochi, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace
Known as 'God's Own Country', Kerala is a relaxing contrast to other Indian states. Explore tea and spice plantations at Munnar, learn about a rich colonial history in the ancient trading port of Kochi, cruise the tranquil Backwaters and overnight on a traditional houseboat, and stay in a family-run homestay to experience village life. Kochi - Explore colonial Kochi from the water, including the Fort, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace Alleppey - Witness waterfront village life as you cruise through the tranquil 'backwaters' Periyar - Search for elephants and other wildlife in Periyar National Park Kovalam beach extension- Relax for 2 nights at the end of the trip on a tropical Indian beach
Day 1 : Join trip in Kochi (Cochin)
Day 2 : Explore the fort and Jewish Quarter of Kochi
Day 3 : Drive through spice and tea plantations to Munnar and enjoy free time in the town
Day 4 : Visit tea and spice plantations; drive to Thekkady
Day 5 : Take a walk in Periyar National Park
Day 6 : Take an optional cooking class or village walk
Day 7 : Board a houseboat and float through the backwaters
Day 8 : Free time to explore Kochi
Day 9 : Take a train to Kovalam and relax on the beach
Day 10 : Free day to explore the town of Kovalam or enjoy the beach
Day 11 : Trip ends in Kovalam
- 10 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to Kochi and from Kovalam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 69 today.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 130 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 24 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.