- duration 11 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- minimum participants 10
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21773
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Houseboat cruise along the Backwaters
- Wildlife spotting in Periyar National Park
- Enjoy colonial Kochi
Known as 'God's Own Country', Kerala is a relaxing contrast to other Indian states. Explore tea and spice plantations at Munnar, learn about a rich colonial history in the ancient trading port of Kochi, cruise the tranquil Backwaters and overnight on a traditional houseboat, and stay in a family-run homestay to experience village life.
Kochi - Explore colonial Kochi from the water, including the Fort, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace
Alleppey - Witness waterfront village life as you cruise through the tranquil 'backwaters'
Periyar - Search for elephants and other wildlife in Periyar National Park
Day 1 : Join trip in Kochi (Cochin)
Day 2 : Explore the fort and Jewish Quarter of Kochi
Day 3 : Drive through spice and tea plantations to Munnar and enjoy free time in the town
Day 4 : Visit tea and spice plantations; drive to Thekkady
Day 5 : Take a walk in Periyar National Park
Day 6 : Take an optional cooking class or village walk
Day 7 : Board a houseboat and float through the backwaters
Day 8 : Free time to explore Kochi
Day 9 : Take a train to Kovalam and relax on the beach
Day 10 : Free day to explore the town of Kovalam or enjoy the beach
Day 11 : Trip ends in Kovalam
- Fort House Hotel (3 nights)
- Edassery Eastend (1 night)
- Abad Green Forest (1 night)
- Gaaby World Homestay (2 nights)
- Houseboat (1 night)
- Abad Harmonia Beach Resort (2 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Any international flights to Kochi and from Kovalam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 April 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kerala Backwaters + Kovalam Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
- What are some of the most popular tourist destinations in India?
- How many days are sufficient for an India tour?
- What are some of the tourist scams that I need to know about before visiting India?
Is India a safe place for tourists?
India is generally safe for tourists. However, petty crimes, such as pickpocketing and purse snatching, are common. Tourists tend to be targeted in busy tourist areas, and petty crime frequently occurs on public transportation and overnight trains. Be aware of your surroundings and take care to avoid potentially risky situations.