- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Houseboat Drift through the backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Homestay Enjoy a tasty homecooked curry whilst spending the night with a local family
- Hill stations Head for hills and spend time in the cooler climate perfect for cultivating tea
- Kochi Explore Kochi from the water, including Fort Kochi, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace
Combine the tea plantations, spice gardens and backwaters of South India's Kerala with the highlights of the 'pearl of the Indian Ocean', Sri Lanka. In just over two weeks we get a real flavour for both countries and their different ways of life, culture and history. Kerala - Journey through lush plantations, wildlife havens and meet welcoming locals in 'God's Own Country' Houseboat experience- Witness waterfront village life as you cruise through the tranquil 'backwaters' on an overnight houseboat Sri Lanka- Walk around ancient capitals, Buddhist sites and search for leopards and other wildlife
Day 1 : Join tour in Kochi
Day 2 : Explore the fort and Jewish Quarter of Kochi
Day 3 : Drive through spice and tea plantations to Munnar and enjoy free time in the town
Day 4 : Visit tea and spice plantations; drive to Thekkady
Day 5 : Take a walk in Periyar National Park
Day 6 : Take an optional cooking class or village walk
Day 7 : Board a houseboat and float through the backwaters
Day 8 : Free time to explore Kochi
Day 9 : Fly to Sri Lanka
Day 10 : Boat ride through Muthurajawela Wetlands
Day 11 : In search of leopards in Willpaththu National Park
Day 12 : Explore cave temples and take lunch with the locals
Day 13 : Climb Lions Rock at sunrise. Drive to Kandy
Day 14 : Learn about Sri Lanka’s tea en route to Unawatuna
Day 15 : Free time to explore Galle or whale watching (seasonal)
Day 16 : Drive to Colombo Airport where our trip ends
- 15 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- 12 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple boat
- Bus, 4WD, Boat, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kerala Backwaters + Highlights of Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 136 today.
- Save US$ 90+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kerala Backwaters + Highlights of Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 257 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 24 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kerala Backwaters + Highlights of Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kerala Backwaters + Highlights of Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.