- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Houseboat Drift through the backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Homestay Enjoy a tasty homecooked curry whilst spending the night with a local family
- Hill stations Head for hills and spend time in the cooler climate perfect for cultivating tea
- Kochi Explore Kochi from the water, including Fort Kochi, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace
Known as \ God's Own Country\ , Kerala is a relaxing contrast to other Indian states. Explore tea and spice plantations, learn about colonial influences in Kochi and immerse yourself with an overnight houseboat cruise and a stay in a family-run homestay. Kochi - Explore colonial Kochi from the water, including the Fort, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace Allepey - Witness waterfront village life as you cruise through the tranquil \ backwaters\ Munnar - Drive through vast plantations and learn about tea and spice production in cool climates.
Day 1 : Join trip in Kochi (Cochin)
Day 2 : Explore the fort and Jewish Quarter of Kochi
Day 3 : Drive through spice and tea plantations to Munnar and enjoy free time in the town
Day 4 : Visit tea and spice plantations; drive to Thekkady
Day 5 : Take a walk in Periyar National Park
Day 6 : Take an optional cooking class or village walk
Day 7 : Board a houseboat and float through the backwaters
Day 8 : Free time to explore Kochi
Day 9 : Trip ends Kochi (Cochin)
- 8 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- 3 nights premium hotel
- 2 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights simple homestay
- 1 night simple boat
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kerala Backwaters tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 47 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 31 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 89 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 11 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kerala Backwaters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kerala Backwaters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.