- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Succumb to the languid pace of South India life at beach side resorts
- Take in the iconic backwaters of Alleppey by kayak
- Uncover historic Kochi and its colonial architecture
- Unwind with 5 nights aboard an authentic dhoni as you cruise the Maldives
Discover Kerala and the Maldives in one sweeping journey. From Kochi to Trivandrum discover the vibrant yet relaxed coast line of South-West India and the translucent waters and white sand of the Maldives. This remarkable journey encompassing two exciting destinations highlights how trade, imperial conquest, religious and cultural interaction have all played their part in these mystic lands where the ancient and contemporary exist side by side. Our journey begins in India's tropical south where Kochi is a jewel in the crown of Kerala with its European heritage and true cosmopolitan temperament. Enjoy meandering by kayak through the spectacular backwaters, where the languid pace and lush tropical scenery is interrupted only by close-up glimpses of traditional village-life. Hope your way down the coast taking in all it has to offer from pictuesque beaches to tranquil wetlands and waterways brimming with life. This journey comes to end in the clear and translucent waters, coral reefs and white sand of the Maldives. What could be better than cruising on a dhoni to experience island hopping far from the crowds, learn about the local way of life and snorkel the spectacular reefs of the Indian Ocean, the perfect way to end this enchanting journey of discovery.
Day 1 : Join Kochi (Cochin)
Day 2 : Sightseeing in Kochi, then to Marari Beach
Day 3 : Kayaking the tranquil backwaters of Alleppey
Day 4 : Cycle to Paravur (55km)
Day 5 : In Paravur, explore the mangroves by boat
Day 6 : Cycle to Varkala (40km), transfer to Trivandrum
Day 7 : Fly to Male, transfer to dhoni and cruise to Waagali
Day 8 : Cruise to Felidhoo
Day 9 : Cruise to Vashugiri
Day 10 : Cruise to Felihoo or Keyodu
Day 11 : Cruise to Male Atoll
Day 12 : In Male, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotel accommodation on a twin share basis
- Accommodation on board a Dhoni including Maldives tourist taxes and tour permits
- 10 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 10 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Private air conditioned vehicle
- Internal flights Trivandrum to Male
- Expert bilingual cycling and kayaking guides in Kerala
- Expert local tour guide, local captain and crew on board dhoni
- Sightseeing with local guides including entrance fees
- Good quality cannondale, trek or similar bikes
- Kayaking equipment
- Basic snorkelling equipment
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, bottled mineral water, soft drinks, alcohol etc
- Optional activities and sightseeing during free time
- Still/video camera fees at monuments
- E-bike upgrade (subject to availability)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 155 today.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kerala & Maldives Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 332 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 31 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kerala & Maldives Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kerala & Maldives Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.