- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 29 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore seaside Mamallapuram on a bicycle tour, pedalling to the eighthcentury Shore Temple and incredible seventhcentury stone carving known as Arjuna’s Penance.
- Carve through the iridescent hills of Ootacamund (Ooty) on the vintage Nilgiri Mountain Railway, then visit a lush tea plantation.
- Spot tigers, elephants, sloths, and birds on safaris and nature walks in three of India’s wildlife viewing hotspots – Mudumalai, Periyar, and Ranthambhore national parks.
- Cruise the winding backwaters of Kerala and further immerse yourself in life on the water with an island homestay in this idyllic region.
This extensive 29-day adventure through India takes you from bottom to top, revealing the icons and local secrets of this diverse country. Revel in the tropical climate, warm waters, and lush green landscapes of the south in places like Kochi, Puducherry, and Madurai. Then be dazzled by kaleidoscopic colours, Mughal grandeur, and the overt spirituality of the north in Jaipur and Agra. Travel from Kochi to Delhi and combine the slower delights of Kerala and Tamil Nadu with the rush and jumble of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on our longest Original-style India tour.
Ootacamund – Conoor
Ootacamund – Conoor
Mudumalai National Park – Masinagudi
Mysore – Overnight train
Ranthambhore National Park
Pushkar - Delhi
- Deluxe permanent tent (1 night), Heritage Property (3 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (16 nights), Jungle resort (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night), Resort (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- 4x4 Safari Vehicle , Auto rickshaw , Boat , Bus , Cycle rickshaw , Ferry , Jeep , Metro , Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle , Shuttle Bus , Taxi , Train , Van
- An expert tour leader
- Kochi - Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kochi - Kathakali performance
- Ooty - Nilgiri Mountain Railway & Tea Plantation visit
- Mysore - Home cooked lunch & family visit
- Mysore - Maharaja's Palace
- Mysore - Leader-led walking tour
- Mysore - Keshava Temple
- Mysore - Chamundi Hill & Temple
- Mamallapuram - Cycling tour
- Mamallapuram - Shore Temples guided tour
- Puducherry - Leader-led French Quarter walking tour
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Periyar - Spice plantation visit
- Periyar - National Park
- Periyar - Guided nature walk
- Kerala Backwaters - Pole boat ride
- Kerala Backwaters - Village walk
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Agra - Agra Fort
- Agra - Red Fort guided tour
- Madhogarh - Leader-led village walk
- Madhogarh - Dinner at Fort Madhogarh
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Ranthambhore National Park - Evening wildlife safari
- Bundi - Stepwell
- Bundi - Bundi Palace
- Bijaipur - Leader-led village tour
- Udaipur - Leader-led walking tour
- Udaipur - City Palace
- Pushkar - Leader-led walking tour
- Pushkar - Home-cooked lunch
- Any international flights to Kochi and from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this India South & North tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this India South & North tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
India South & North tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this India South & North tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Trains are a great way to see the countryside and get you away from the busy road system. Keep in mind that delays and cancellations are common, so a little patience will go a long way during your tour. This trip involves some long journeys by train, including overnight, so please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- From December to February, delays are more common, especially in the north of the country due to fog. It’s not uncommon for trains to be delayed for up to 12 hours. Your tour leader in conjunction with our local office will advise any changes to the itinerary.
- Sleeper trains are clean and air-conditioned. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow, and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening, particularly in Ootacamund (AKA Ooty), Mudumalai, and Periyar National Parks. Packing layers is one of the best ways to tackle this disparity in weather.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.