- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Farm and plantation visits
- Shopping and markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Stay with a local family in Alleppey for a real taste of the culture.
- Check out the catch of the day at Kollam’s fishing docks.
- Visit the G Adventuressupported Sthree Craft Shop and Café.
- Learn about local plants uses at a Spice Garden.
Now's the time to explore South India and Sri Lanka on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Get a taste of South India's diversity before making your way to Sri Lanka, a small island that packs a huge cultural punch. You and your fellow trip-mates will make your way down India’s southwest coast, watching sunsets in Kochi before laying out on whitesand beaches and dabbling in (or tumbling through) yoga in your free time. In Sri Lanka, 'gram some beautiful ruins, hike through tea plantations, tour a spice garden, and say hello to even more beachy days at Hikkaduwa. This 18-day journey lets you relax or run around as much as you see fit.
Day 1: Kochi
Day 2: Kochi/Alleppey
Day 3: Alleppey/Kollam
Day 4: Kollam/Varkala
Day 5: Varkala
Day 6: Varkala/Kochi
Day 7: Kochi/Negombo
Day 8: Negombo/Sigiriya
Day 9: Sigiriya
Day 10: Sigiriya/Digana
Day 11: Digana/Kandy
Day 12: Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
Day 13: Nuwara Eliya/Ella
Day 14: Ella
Day 15: Ella/Hikkaduwa
Day 16: Hikkaduwa
Day 17: Hikkaduwa
Day 18: Hikkaduwa
- Simple hotels/guest houses (16 nts), homestay (1 nt).
3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD340-445 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking, tuk-tuk, ferry, local bus, train, airplane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lunch at Theuvoram Women Empowerment Project, Alleppey
- Your G for Good Moment: Tamarind Gardens Farm, Digana
- Your G for Good Moment: Breakfast at Sthree Craft Shop and Café, Kandy
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Local Living Moment: Alleppey Homestay, Alleppey
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Kochi Nightlife, Kochi
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Hikkaduwa Beach Bar, Hikkaduwa
- Guided Kerala boat tour and homestay
- Morning ferry cruise on Kollam's backwaters
- Neendakara Fishing Harbour visit
- Orientation walks in Kochi, and Kollam
- Internal flights
- Sri Lankan lunch at a local village
- Spice garden visit
- Tea plantation tour
- Little Adam's Peak Tour
- Galle Fort tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kochi and from Hikkaduwa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Kerala & Sri Lanka: Islands & Ruins tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 83 today.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Kerala & Sri Lanka: Islands & Ruins tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Kerala & Sri Lanka: Islands & Ruins tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Kerala & Sri Lanka: Islands & Ruins tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.