- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kochi: One of the most beautiful natural harbours on the Arabian Sea, it has been a stopover for foreign traders for centuries. Its cosmopolitan character is reflected in its varied architecture.
- Kumarakom: A paradise for birdwatchers, this lake region contains some breathtaking natural landscapes.
- Periyar: A region renowned for its exotic spices and elephants.
- Madurai: A huge temple city with countless interesting buildings to contemplate.
During eight unforgettable days, discover Tamil Nadu and its magnificent temples. Kerala was listed by National Geographic Traveller as one of the top ten paradises in the world, famous for its Eco-tourism and beautiful backwaters. This blend of culture and tradition, combined with its unique landscapes, invites you to the heart of Dravidian India, lush and colourful.
Day 1: Arrival Kochi
Day 2: Kochi – Backwaters – Kumarakom (90 Km - 3 Hrs)
Day 3: Kumarakom – Periyar (115 Km - 4 Hrs)
Day 4: Periyar – Madurai (150 Km - 4 Hrs)
Day 5: Madurai – Munnar (155 Km - 5 Hrs)
Day 6: Munnar
Day 7: Munnar – Kochi (135 Km - 4 Hrs)
Day 8: Departure Kochi (55 Kms - 1 Hrs)
- 7 Nights’ accommodation
- 7 Breakfast
- Air-conditioned shared transportation throughout the tour on a shared basis
- Inbound/outbound shared airport transfers from Kochi International Airport
- Operated with English or French speaking accompanied guide
- All monuments as indicated in itinerary: Allepey boat ride (day 2); Periyar National Park, Old market and Kalaripayattu show (traditional martial art performance) on day 3; City tour of Madurai (day 4); sightseeing tour of Kochi (Tirumalai Nayak Palace & Menakshi Temple at Madurai, Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Church of San Francis ) and Kathalaki dance show (on day 7)
- Meet & Greet
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Optional excursions (including those recommended/suggested) in the itinerary
- Any airfare, airport taxes, supplements for which are quoted separately if applicable
- Tips to drivers, local guides, and hotel staff
- Indian tourist visa fees
- Any service not listed above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.