- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Relax in the peaceful backwaters of Kerala.
- Spot wildlife in beautiful parks.
- Uncover ancient temples.
- Explore tea and spice plantations.
From calm Kerala backwaters and spice plantations to incredible temples and searching for tigers in the wild, have your camera ready as you experience the highlights of Southern India. This two-week adventure offers a great balance of guided excursions and free time to explore on your own. Travelling by train, bus, rickshaw, and country boats will bring you closer to the locals and is a fascinating way to gain insight into the peaceful backwaters of Kerala and stunning temples of Tamilnadu.
Day 1: Kochi
Day 2: Kochi
Day 3: Kochi/Kalpetta
Day 4: Kalpetta
Day 5: Kalpetta/Mysore
Day 6: Mysore
Day 7: Mysore/Māmallapuram
Day 8: Māmallapuram
Day 9: Māmallapuram/Puducherry
Day 10: Puducherry/Madurai
Day 11: Madurai
Day 12: Madurai/Periyār Sanctuary
Day 13: Periyār Sanctuary/Kerala Backwaters
Day 14: Kerala Backwaters/Kochi
- Hotels (12 nts), homestay (1 nt, multi-share).
1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD295-385 for meals not included.
- Train, private vehicle, cycle-rickshaw, auto-rickshaw, ferry.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lunch at Theuvoram Women Empowerment Project, Alleppey
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Kerala Backwaters Homestay, Alleppey
- Fort Kochi orientation walk
- Kathakali dance show
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary walk and safari
- Chaumundi Temple and Mysore Palace visit
- Mamallapuram Shore Temple visit
- Pondicherry orientation walk
- Madurai cycle-rickshaw ride and Sri Meenakshi Temple visit
- Cardamom Hills spice plantation tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Southern India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 59 today.
- Save US$ 40+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Southern India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Southern India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Southern India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.