- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Kerala, a narrow Indian state sandwiched between the Arabian Sea and the mountainous Western Ghats, is known for its tropical greenery, backwaters, wildlife reserves, and tea and spice plantations. Along the way, you will be staying at beautiful heritage hotels, eco-lodges as well as a rice barge converted to a luxurious accommodation. We'll have our fill of ethnic and delicious food, seasoned by local spices. Then the climbing begins as we head up to areas known for its tea plantations and spice estates.
Four wildlife parks are visited on this tour, where we will most likely be able see a herd of elephants. We then head towards Kumarakom from where we spend a relaxing afternoon plying the backwaters on a houseboat, where we'll also spend the night. From here it is a flat ride back to Kochi with time to explore this fascinating historic town. Its location near the equator combined with the sea breezes and cooler temperatures in the highlands makes it perfect for bicycling and lives up to its tagline–God's Own Country.
This tour include a total ascent of 8,926 m and descent of 8,452 m.
Shibu and Hareesh were excellent guides for our ride. This was our third tour with SpiceRoads. All have been outstanding experiences. Safety, comfort, and communication have all been well managed. These two had great senses humor and were impressed with our ability to move across the terrain as efficiently as we did. We all had a renewing ride in Kerala. Charmed by the many people we met. Led by two great guides. Thanks to Shibu and Hareesh.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Mountain Bike US$ 300
- Any international flights to/from Kochi (formely known as Cochin) are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling Kerala's Backroads tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 112 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 959 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 06 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycling Kerala's Backroads tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling Kerala's Backroads tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.