- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discovering the varied landscapes, enchanting folklore and rich traditions of these proud Baltic nations
- Following the stunning Baltic coastline into Latvia
- Experiencing a completely different side of Europe, with its interesting mix of old and new
Learn about Latvia and Lithuania's rich history as you explore the changing landscapes of the Baltic coastline. Travellers eager to experience a completely different side of Europe will revel in the experiences offered by the Baltic countries of Latvia and Lithuania. While they share borders and a coastline, culturally both countries are very different. Cycling through their most beautiful landscapes, where farmers still use a horse and carriage, to discover hidden treasures is made even more pleasurable by bike thanks to the flat landscapes and this superb cycle route following cycle paths and low traffic roads. The trip begins in Klaipeda from where we follow the stunning Baltic coastline into Latvia. As you cycle through the ever changing landscape you'll encounter many small villages, where the way of life has changed little, many unspoilt beaches, waterfalls, sand caves and a cultural heritage showcased through the many Old Towns, castles and manor houses that bring to life the folklore and legends of these intriguing countries. The tour concludes in the cosmopolitan Hanseatic port of Riga, where you will re-enter modern life after a fabulous ride back through time.
Day 1 : Arrive Klaipeda
Day 2 : Cycle through the Seaside Regional Park to Palanga (29km / 18mi)
Day 3 : Cycle along the Baltic coast before crossing border to Liepaja (76km / 47mi)
Day 4 : Explore Liepaja's Old Town, cycle to the small fishing port of Pavilosta (57km / 35.5mi)
Day 5 : Visit the widest waterfall in Europe and Riežupe sand caves at Kuldiga (63km / 39.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle to Kandava along the Abava River (60km / 37.5mi)
Day 7 : Cycle via Tukums to Jurmula and continue by train to Riga (78km / 49mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights in 3 star hotels and guesthouses on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack with route notes and map (one set per room)
- Daily luggage transfer between hotels
- 7 breakfasts
- Bike rental with helmet, pannier, and tachometer - available on request at time of booking (electric bike available - supplement applies - note EUR200 per ebike deposit is required locally). Bike supplied with a waterproof handlebar bag with map/smartphone holder (Ortlieb)
- Emergency hotline
- GPS Tracks - on request
- Travel to Klaipeda and from Riga
- Drinks, lunch and dinner each day
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Items of a personal nature - eg. phone calls, laundry
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.