- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Peaceful, beautiful walks in the southwest corner of Ireland
- Killarney National Park: Ireland's oldest protected wilderness with Ireland's only herd of wild red deer
- Panoramic views of glistening lakes and rugged mountains
- A million shades of green as the road follows the contours of the land
Nestled in the south-west corner of Ireland, you'll spot contrastingly beautiful landscapes at every turn. From rugged cliffs to some of Europe's finest golden beaches, small friendly villages and velvety green fields to picturesque mountain ranges.
Our police escort followed him past, driving their huge SUV with red and blue lights flashing on the roof and Arabic police markings on the side. They accompanied us on all the cycling sections, stopping traffic at junctions and making it easy to imagine that we were part of the Tour de France. Special treatment that made us feel like we were honoured guests. We also had a tourist police officer with us on the bus at all times, speeding us through checkpoints and escorting us on foot to the tourist sites, stopping traffic so that we could cross the road. It felt like being a VIP but it wasn't even necessary because the locals were so friendly. Where the traffic was a nightmare and locals have to risk their lives, drivers would see a group of tourists and stop for us. Even taxi drivers would halt, smiling and waving us across. They treat tourists well. Even in the shops they don't try to take advantage of you, and the most delicious freshly made falafel sandwich will still only set you back about 50p.
A local car came over the hill ahead of me, going very slowly with kids hanging out of the back windows to take a look at us. There weren't many cars on the roads we'd been cycling - traffic became a point of interest rather than a danger. As the car came level I heard the familiar cry of "Welcome to Jordan!". What a country.
I reached the top of the hill and came through a pass cut into the rock, which opened up to reveal more great views across a valley, and the even more welcome sight of our bus with its fridge full of cold drinks. I needed one. My legs were still tired from hiking 13 miles up and down the rocks at Petra, a place with such atmosphere, such awe inspiring history and ancient craft that it will never leave you.
I couldn't wait to get to our desert camp at Wadi Rum, for an evening of camel riding, freshly roasted feasting around the camp fire and a night under the stars, but I also knew that would mean the end of our cycling and I didn't want it to stop.”
ARRIVE IN KILLARNEY
KILLARNEY TO KENMARE
KENMARE TO SNEEM
SNEEM TO CAHERDANIEL (WATERVILLE)
CAHERDANIEL TO WATERVILLE
WATERVILLE TO CAHERSIVEEN
CAHERSIVEEN TO GLENBEIGH
- 7 Nights, hotel-to-hotel , Luggage transfers between hotels
- All breakfasts
- 6 days walking
- Route notes and maps provided
- Walking transfers
- GPS Device
- Route maps
- Luggage Transfers
- Any international flights to/from Killarney are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Self-Guided Walking the Kerry Way and Killarney National Park tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 68 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Self-Guided Walking the Kerry Way and Killarney National Park tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Self-Guided Walking the Kerry Way and Killarney National Park tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Self-Guided Walking the Kerry Way and Killarney National Park tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.