- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Trekking through stunning coastal scenery
- Experiencing history, mythology and traditional Irish culture
- Enjoying the flexibility of walking with a daypack from village to village
- Soaking up the atmosphere in the warm family run B&Bs
A walk around the Iveragh Peninsula with stunning views of the famous Kerry countryside and coastline. The Iveragh Peninsula is one of Ireland's great natural tourist attractions. It encompasses a 179 kilometre circuit from Killarney, via Killorglin, Cahersiveen, Waterville, Kenmare and back to Killarney across Moll's Gap and past Ladies View - one of Ireland's most famous viewpoints. You will leave the tour bus route and journey along a network of ancient paths which weave between the main points, on the long-distance track known as the Kerry Way. During this superb week long self-guided walk you will experience stunning coastal scenery and pretty fishing villages, such as Caherdaniel and Portmagee, whose beautifully preserved stone dwellings have weathered the coastal elements for centuries, nestled amid a picturesque scene of verdant hills. At night you will get a taste of traditional Irish hospitality in comfortable B&Bs chosen for their good character, location and fine Irish breakfasts.
Day 1 : Arrive Killarney
Day 2 : Walk through Killarney National Park and Esknamucky Glen to Kenmare (6hrs)
Day 3 : Walk along the shores of Kenmare Bay to Sneem (6.5hrs)
Day 4 : To Caherdaniel (5.5hrs)
Day 5 : Walk above the coast to the town of Waterville (5hrs)
Day 6 : To Caherciveen with views across to the Dingle Peninsula (6.5hrs)
Day 7 : Follow 17th century Stagecoach route to Glenbeigh (6.5hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights in B&Bs on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes, maps and tourist information per room booked (GPS data files available on request)
- 7 full Irish breakfasts - Irish breakfasts usually start with porridge or cereals followed by fried eggs, bacon/ sausages, tomato, toast (or any combination you prefer), coffee, tea and juices. This is a great start to the walking day.
- Luggage transfer for 6 days of walking
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Killarney and from Glenbeigh
- Dinner, lunch and drinks.
- *Note - During some walking days there will not be an opportunity to purchase lunch and we recommend that you pack a picnic lunch.
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of luggage
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Guide - this is a self guided tour
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 44+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ring of Kerry Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 323 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Ring of Kerry Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ring of Kerry Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.