- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the thought provoking genocide monument in Kigali
- Spend three days treking the Congo Nile Trail in Rwanda
- Camp on the shore of Lake Victoria in Bukoba
- Dine at the famous seafood restaurant of Mwanza Yacht Club
Travel to Rwanda and Tanzania, two must-see destinations on the East African overland circuit.On this trip we'll enjoy the classic East Africa safari experience, visiting some of the most famous game parks in the world, including the Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater. We hope to see elephant, lion, leopard, giraffe, and other big game during our drives here. We also have an optional hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti which many people say is an absolute highlight of their trip.We also have three days to follow part of the Congo Nile Trail, a 227km trail which winds along the coast of Lake Kivu in Rwanda, stopping off at local villages and coffee plantations and wild camping on the way. Rwanda is of course also famous for the genocide against the Tutsi which took place in 1994, and in Kigali we visit the very moving memorial centre. This is a country which has made enormous progress in rebuilding since this tragedy, and which is quickly acquiring a reputation for the warm welcome offered to visitors.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Congo Nile Trail
Day 3: Congo Nile Trail
Day 4: Congo Nile Trail
Day 5: Bukoba
Day 6: Bukoba
Day 7: Mwanza
Day 8: Mwanza
Day 9: Bunda
Day 10: Mto Wa Mbu
Day 11: Serengeti NP
Day 12: Serengeti NP
Day 13: Mto Wa Mbu
Day 14: Nairobi
Day 15: Nairobi
- 14 Breakfasts
- 11 Lunches
- 11 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Any international flights to Kigali and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.