Wild Encounters in Rwanda
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 6
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-32393
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Observe endangered mountain gorillas and golden monkeys.
- Discuss gorilla conservation efforts with a researcher at the Karisoke Research Centre.
- Spend time in Kigali’s bustling Nyamirambo neighbourhood.
- Track the “big five” on safari in Akagera National Park
Embark on an unforgettable expedition to track mountain gorillas and golden monkeys, in the rainforest of Rwanda. Visit a research centre set up by Dr. Dian Fossey, who spent 18 years studying gorillas in the Virunga Mountains with support from National Geographic, and get up close to these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. Set out in search of the “big five”—lions, leopards, elephants, and Cape buffalo—while on safari in Akagera National Park, while learning about the incredible conservation efforts that brought this onetime battleground back from disaster.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Kigali/Volcanoes National Park
Day 3: Volcanoes National Park
Day 4: Volcanoes National Park
Day 5: Volcanoes National Park/Akagera National Park
Day 6: Akagera National Park
Day 7: Akagera National Park to Kigali
Day 8: Kigali
- Hotel/lodges (7 nts).
7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD80-105 for meals not included.
- 4x4 safari vehicle, walking, hiking, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides, experienced gorilla trackers, park rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Mountain Gorilla Conservation Sundowner Experience, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Akagera National Park - Conservation and Community, Parc National de l’ Akagera
- Your G for Good Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali
- Arrival transfer
- All national park entrance fees
- Genocide memorial entrance
- Mountain gorilla trek with permits
- Golden monkey trek with permits
- Local village walk
- Safari drives in Akagera National Park
- Wildlife boat cruise on Lake Ihema
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Encounters in Rwanda tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 205+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Encounters in Rwanda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wild Encounters in Rwanda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Encounters in Rwanda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.