- Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking
- National parks
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the forest of Nyungwe, known for 13 primate species
- Experience Gorilla trekking in Bwindi National Park
- See golden monkeys in Volcanoes National Park
- Visit Kigali, regarded as the cleanest city in Africa
Your journey starts on arrival in Kigali, from where we will transfer you to Nyungwe National Park for chimpanzee tracking. Next on the itinerary is Volcanoes National Park, known for its population of golden monkeys. Then head for the famous Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, a world-famous wildlife reserve that is home to mountain gorillas.
Enjoy gorilla trekking in Bwindi before it is time to drive back to Kigali. If time permits, we will take you to the Kigali Genocide Memorial on the last day of this tour.
Day 1: Kigali arrival & transfer to your hotel
Day 2: Kigali – Nyungwe National Park
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking and waterfall
Day 4: Nyungwe – Musanze
Day 5: Golden monkey trekking and canoe ride
Day 6: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 7: Gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi
Day 8: Transfer to Kigali & departure
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. Transportation in a 4x4 safari vehicle
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking driver/guide
- 1 gorilla trekking permit (USD700) per person
- 1 chimpanzee tracking permit per person
- Canoe ride in Burera and Ruhondo
- Boat ride in Lake Kivu
- A 1 litre bottle of mineral water per day, per person during safari
- International/domestic airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Tips for your guide/driver
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Anything not mentioned in the "What's Included" section
- Earn US$ 124+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
50% tour deposit. Free cancellation up to 120 days prior departure, but the 50% tour deposit is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 120 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 50% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 130 days prior departure. For any bookings within 130 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that for gorilla trekking the minimum age requirement is 16 The non-refundable gorilla permits are purchased in advance