- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get up close and personal with mountain gorillas in their backyard.
- Learn about gorillas during a lecture from one of the head wardens of Volcanoes National Park.
- Enjoy a local lunch at the G Adventuressupported Nyamirambo Women's Centre.
- Trek through the forest to visit Chimpanzees & Golden Monkeys.
Embark on an unforgettable expedition to track mountain gorillas, golden monkeys, and other endangered primates in the rainforests of Rwanda and Uganda. Visit a research centre set up by Dr. Dian Fossey, who spent 18 years studying gorillas in the Virunga Mountains with support from National Geographic, and get up close to these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. Witness the Earth’s opposing magnetic forces at Uganda’s equator, and see the African “big five” in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Kigali/Volcanoes National Park
Day 3: Volcanoes National Park
Day 4: Volcanoes National Park
Day 5: Volcanoes National Park/Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 8: Queen Elizabeth National Park/Entebbe
Day 9: Entebbe
- Hotel/lodges (8 nts).
8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
Note: Allow USD85-110 for meals not included.
- 4x4 safari vehicle, walking, hiking, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides, experienced gorilla trackers, park rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Community Walk, Kigali
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Mountain Gorilla Conservation Experience, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Gorilla Lecture, Volcanoes National Park
- Your G for Good Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Equation Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Arrival transfer
- All national park entrance fees
- Genocide memorial entrance
- Guided mountain gorilla trek with permits
- Golden monkey trek with permits
- Guided chimpanzee trek with permits
- Local village walk
- Safari drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Wildlife boat cruise in Kazinga Channel
- Visit to the Equator
- Drum workshop
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kigali and from Entebbe are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Rwanda & Uganda Gorilla Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 340 today.
- Save US$ 226+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Rwanda & Uganda Gorilla Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Rwanda & Uganda Gorilla Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rwanda & Uganda Gorilla Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 15 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.