Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-18409
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in ENGLISH
- With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Learn about Rwanda's devastating history with a visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre, and see what life looks like today with a tour of the city’s most vibrant neighbourhoods.
- Get to know the diverse wildlife of Queen Elizabeth National Park on a series of 4x4 game drives and an optional boat cruise around the lake.
- You won’t even have to get out of bed to enjoy wildlife and wonderful views – Safari lodges and Eco Camps deliver epic scenery, and wild visitors like Elephant, Buffalo, and Hippo to your doorstep
- Meet members of the Ishasha community for a look at rural life in Uganda, visiting an organic farm and medicine garden and learn how humanwildlife conflict is being tackled with anticrop raiding techniques
Rwanda is oft-missed destination that every human should visit. Not only will you learn about the devastating events that took place here, you'll also witness a beautiful country that's continuously striving to move forward. Combine this with the incredible scenery and diverse wildlife of Uganda, topped off with an unforgettable adventure searching for the mountain gorillas of Uganda and you've got a trip that can sometimes be physically and emotionally challenging, but will be talked about for the rest of your life.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Kigali
Day 3: Gisenyi (Lake Kivu)
Day 4: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 5: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth National Park (Ishasha Sector)
Day 7: Kisoro
Day 8: Kisoro (Gorilla Trek)
Day 9: Kigali
- Hotel (3 nights), Safari Lodge (5 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- 4WD vehicles
- An expert tour leader
- Kigali - City Tour
- Kigali - Genocide Memorial Centre
- Gisenyi – Boat Cruise and Island Visit
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - 4x4 Game Drive
- Ishasha - Community Tourism Project Visit
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - 4x4 Game Drive
- Bwindi National Park - Mountain Gorilla Permit & Trek
- Any international flights to/from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 181+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be pretty strenuous and often humid. But the sheer thrill in coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to 4 hours - up and down hill. A top tip is to pack some gardening gloves to assist in any up-hill climbs.
- You may also want to check out Gorillas & East Africa Safari if you have more time to explore in East Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.