- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Learn about Rwanda's devastating history with visits to different genocide museums and churches of significance
- Visit Mikozi Village and become acquainted with the Ugandan countryside. Visit the local markets, speak with a traditional Ugandan healer and enjoy a drink or two at the local bar
- Spend two nights in beautiful Gisenyi at a resort on the north shore of Lake Kivu. Here, spend free time hiking, taking a boat cruise, touring the town or simply walking the lakeside.
Rwanda is oft-missed destination that every human should visit. Not only will you learn about the devastating events that took place here, you'll also witness a beautiful country that's continuously striving to move forward. Combine this with an unforgettable adventure searching for the mountain gorillas of Uganda and you've got a trip that can sometimes be physically and emotionally challenging, but will be talked about for the rest of your life.
Gisenyi (Lake Kivu)
Gisenyi (Lake Kivu)
Kisoro (Gorilla Trek)
- Hotel (8 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- 4WD vehicles
- An expert tour leader
- Kigali - City Tour
- Kigali - Nyamata Memorial Site
- Kigali - Ntarama Church
- Kigali - Genocide Memorial Centre
- Gisenyi - Morning Town Visit
- Kisoro - Village Visit
- Bwindi National Park - Mountain Gorilla Permit & Trek
- Any international flights to/from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 146+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be pretty strenuous and often humid. But the sheer thrill in coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to 4 hours - up and down hill. A top tip is to pack some gardening gloves to assist in any up-hill climbs.
- You may also want to check out Gorillas & East Africa Safari if you have more time to explore in East Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions