- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 4
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek through Rwanda's steamy jungle to spend an unforgettable hour in the presence of a family of rare mountain gorillas – one of the world’s ultimate wildlife adventures.
- Stay in a boutique hotel nestled at the foot of the stunning Virunga Mountains with a restaurant, bar and pool and breathtaking views towards Parc National des Volcans.
- Learn an important yet confronting side of the country’s history at the Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre, plus embark on a city tour of the capital to see modernday Rwanda on full show.
A challenging trek to an extraordinary reward – welcome to the misty jungles of Rwanda, home of the rare mountain gorilla. This four-day Independent Experience with Peregrine focuses on ape encounters, hiking through the bamboo forest, alpine moorland and dense jungle to the habitat of one of ten mountain gorilla families. With expert trackers and mountain guides leading your every move, sightings like this have never been so special. With time also to discover Rwanda’s capital, the country’s confronting history plus dedicated periods of independent exploration, this eastern Africa experience will be all kinds of memorable.
Kigali / Ruhengeri
Ruhengeri / Kigali
- Hotel (1 night), Lodge (2 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Kigali - Genocide Memorial Audio Guide
- Kigali - Genocide Memorial Centre
- Volcanoes National Park - Mountain gorilla trek & permit
- Kigali - City Tour
- Any international flights to/from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda Experience – Independent tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 162+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda Experience – Independent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 August 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda Experience – Independent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda Experience – Independent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Our Independent Experiences have been designed for just 1–4 people, departing every day of the week for most experiences. You can mix and match to create your perfect trip combination, then we’ll arrange the transport between each experience for you. You will have local guides at most destinations and activities. It’s independent travel without the stress.
- Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be pretty strenuous and often humid. But the sheer thrill in coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to 4 hours – up and downhill. Perhaps pack some gardening gloves to assist in any up-hill climbs.
- Although this is an Independent Experience, your gorilla trek will be a shared activity. You will be accompanied by other travellers, with a maximum of eight people per gorilla family, plus your guides.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.