- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Observe gorillas and golden monkeys in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park.
- Embark on safari in Kenya’s legendary Masai Mara.
- Share lunch and stories with the inspiring women of Kigali’s Nyamirambo neighbourhood.
- Enjoy an insider’s perspective on antipoaching efforts at Rwanda’s Akagera National Park.
Encounter Africa’s legendary wildlife, from the “big five” to endangered primates, on a thrilling adventure into the wilds of eastern Africa. Trek into the Rwandan jungle and come face-to-face with a gorilla group in its element, and head out on safari in world-famous national parks to track elephants, zebras, giraffes, and an array of birds. Along the way, learn about local conservation efforts from scientists in the field, as well as community members doing their part to protect these precious creatures.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Kigali/Volcanoes National Park
Day 3: Volcanoes National Park
Day 4: Volcanoes National Park
Day 5: Volcanoes National Park/Akagera National Park
Day 6: Parc National de l’ Akagera
Day 7: Parc National de l’ Akagera/Kigali
Day 8: Kigali/Nairobi
Day 9: Nairobi/Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 10: Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 11: Lake Nakuru National Park/Lake Naivasha
Day 12: Lake Naivasha/Masai Mara
Day 13: Masai Mara
Day 14: Masai Mara/Nairobi
Day 15: Nairobi
- Hotel/Lodge (12 nts), comfortable tented camps (2 nts).
14 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 10 dinners
Note: Allow USD135-175 for meals not included.
- 7-seat 4x4 safari vehicle, walking, hiking, boat, plane
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer), local guides, experienced gorilla trackers, park rangers, certified driver/guide in Kenya.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Mountain Gorilla Conservation Experience, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Gorilla Lecture, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Akagera National Park - Conservation and Community, Parc National de l’ Akagera
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kenya Wildlife Service Conservation Talk, Lake Nakuru National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Café Ubuntu and Ubuntu Made, Maai Mahiu
- Your G for Good Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali
- Your G for Good Moment: Café Ubuntu , Maai Mahiu
- Arrival transfer
- All national park entrance fees
- Genocide memorial entrance
- Mountain gorilla trek with permits
- Golden monkey trek with permits
- Local village walk
- Safari drives in Akagera National Park
- Wildlife boat cruise on Lake Ihema
- Wildlife safari drives in Masai Mara National Reserve, and Lake Nakuru National Park
- Boat trip on Lake Naivasha and wildlife walk on Crescent Island
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kigali and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Legendary Wildlife of Rwanda & Kenya tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Legendary Wildlife of Rwanda & Kenya tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Legendary Wildlife of Rwanda & Kenya tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Legendary Wildlife of Rwanda & Kenya tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 15 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.