Gorillas, Masai Mara and Zanzibar
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15-90 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-18904
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Track wild mountain gorillas in Rwanda's Parc National des Volcans
- Enjoy game drives on the plains of the iconic Maasai Mara
- Relax on the exotic island of Zanzibar
We will pick you up upon arrival in Kigali, Rwanda, and drive you to Kinigi, located in the foothills of the Virunga Mountains located in Parc National des Volcans. Track endangered mountain gorillas before travelling to Kenya’s Maasai Mara, where you will get the chance to see a variety of wild animals in their natural habitat.
This phenomenal holiday ends with four days on the exotic spice island on Zanzibar. Relax on the beach and explore this tropical idyll on your own. We will drive yo back to the airport for your return flight home on the last day of the trip. For more information, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Kigali arrival & transfer to Kinigi
Day 2: Wild mountain gorilla tracking in Parc National des Volcans
Day 3: Parc National des Volcans - Kigali, city tour & flight to Nairobi
Day 4: Nairobi - Maasai Mara (flight)
Day 5: Maasai Mara safari
Day 6: Game drives and other activities in Maasai Mara
Day 7: Maasai Mara - Nairobi - Zanzibar (flight)
Day 8: Free day in Zanzibar
Day 9: Free day in Zanzibar
Day 10: Explore the exotic spice island of Zanzibar
Day 11: Zanzibar departure
- Pickup and drop off service. All transfers as per the itinerary, including light aircraft flights
- Professional tour guides and local staff
- Meals mentioned on the itinerary
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- National park & conservancy fees
- Shared safari activities
- Gorilla trekking permit
- International flights
- Travel insurance & visas
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Activities mentioned 'optional' on the itinerary
- Your choice of accommodation
- Save US$ 325 today.
- Earn US$ 216+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?