- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn about Rwanda's somber past at the Genocide Memorial.
- Look out for gorillas during guided treks.
- Meet with scientists at the Karisoke Research Center.
- Cruise the Kazinga Channel to view hippos and birds.
Some of Africa’s greatest wildlife viewing comes together for 16 days of outstanding adventure in the wild. Trek into the Rwandan jungle for the rare opportunity to watch a gorilla family in its element, head out in search of playful chimpanzees in Uganda, and get immersed in the natural realm of elephants and rhinos in Kenya. Watching the world pass you by has never felt more freeing or profound.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Kigali/Volcanoes National Park
Day 3: Volcanoes National Park
Day 4: Volcanoes National Park
Day 5: Volcanoes National Park/Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 8: Queen Elizabeth National Park/Entebbe
Day 9: Entebbe/Nairobi
Day 10: Nairobi/Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 11: Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 12: Lake Nakuru National Park/Lake Naivasha
Day 13: Lake Naivasha/Masai Mara
Day 14: Masai Mara
Day 15: Masai Mara/Nairobi
Day 16: Nairobi
- Hotel/Lodge (13 nts), comfortable tented camps (2 nts).
15 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 11 dinners
Note: Allow USD180-235 for meals not included.
- 7-seat 4x4 safari vehicle, walking, hiking, boat, plane
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer), local guides, experienced gorilla trackers, park rangers, certified driver/guide in Kenya.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Community Walk, Kigali
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Mountain Gorilla Conservation Experience, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Gorilla Lecture, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kenya Wildlife Service Conservation Talk, Lake Nakuru National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Café Ubuntu and Ubuntu Made, Maai Mahiu
- Your G for Good Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Equation Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Your G for Good Moment: Café Ubuntu , Maai Mahiu
- Arrival transfer
- All national park entrance fees
- Genocide memorial entrance
- Guided mountain gorilla trek with permits
- Golden monkey trek with permits
- Guided chimpanzee trek with permits
- Local village walk
- Safari drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Wildlife boat cruise in Kazinga Channel
- Visit to the Equator
- Drum workshop
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Masai Mara National Reserve, and Lake Nakuru National Park
- Boat trip on Lake Naivasha and wildlife walk on Crescent Island
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kigali and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa Gorilla & Safari Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 550 today.
- Save US$ 350+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this East Africa Gorilla & Safari Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
East Africa Gorilla & Safari Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa Gorilla & Safari Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 15 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.