- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 15+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn about Rwanda's somber past at the Genocide Memorial.
- Look out for gorillas during guided treks.
- Meet with scientists at the Karisoke Research Center.
- Cruise the Kazinga Channel to view hippos and birds
Some of Africa’s greatest wildlife viewing comes together for 16 days of outstanding adventure in the wild. Trek into the Rwandan jungle for the rare opportunity to watch a gorilla family in its element, head out in search of playful chimpanzees in Uganda, and get immersed in the realm of elephants and rhinos in Kenya. Watching the world pass you by has never been more profound.
Day 1: Kigali
Day 2: Kigali/Volcanoes National Park
Day 3: Volcanoes National Park
Day 4: Volcanoes National Park
Day 5: Volcanoes National Park/Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 8: Queen Elizabeth National Park/Entebbe
Day 9: Entebbe/Nairobi
Day 10: Nairobi/Masai Mara
Day 11: Masai Mara
Day 12: Masai Mara/Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 13: Lake Nakuru National Park/Amboseli National Park
Day 14: Amboseli National Park
Day 15: Amboseli National Park/Nairobi
Day 16: Nairobi
- Hotel/Lodge (11 nts), comfortable tented camps (4 nts).
15 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 11 dinners
Note: Allow USD180-235 for meals not included.
- 7-seat 4x4 safari vehicle, walking, hiking, boat, plane
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer), local guides, experienced gorilla trackers, park rangers, certified driver/guide in Kenya.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Community Walk, Kigali
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Mountain Gorilla Conservation Experience, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Gorilla Lecture, Volcanoes National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Café Ubuntu and Ubuntu Made, Maai Mahiu
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kenya Wildlife Service Amboseli Talk, Amboseli National Park
- Your G for Good Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Equation Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Your G for Good Moment: Café Ubuntu , Maai Mahiu
- Arrival transfer
- All national park entrance fees
- Genocide memorial entrance
- Guided mountain gorilla trek with permits
- Golden monkey trek with permits
- Guided chimpanzee trek with permits
- Local village walk
- Safari drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Wildlife boat cruise in Kazinga Channel
- Visit to the Equator
- Drum workshop
- Wildlife safari drives in Masai Mara National Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park, and Amboseli National Park
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kigali and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa Gorilla & Safari Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 456 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 303 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 16 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
East Africa Gorilla & Safari Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa Gorilla & Safari Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.