- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18-79 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-17912
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Capital city Khartoum
- Naga & Mussawarat
- Meroe Pyramids
- Jebel Barkal
- Nubian house in Karima
- Old souk of Omdurman
- Show more
This Sudan tour allows you to follow in the footsteps of ancient civilisations. This 10-day adventure through Sudan takes you to the Nile Valley to see some incredible ancient sites and experience the unique Nubian culture. We start this tour in the capital city of Khartoum home to many museums, tombs and markets. We then cross the Nubian Desert in search of the lost pyramids and temples of the Nile Valley; en route we visit various historical temples. The Meroe Pyramids are the most concentrated pyramid complex in the Nile valley. We get to eperience a true dessert camp with some creature comforts thrown in like private verandah's that boast stunning views of the pyramids. We then head to Karima for more pyramids and Temples before driving back to Khartoum for our last evening. On most departures we include a visit to the popular weekly Nuba wrestling competition, a highlight of the week for many locals in Khartoum. The evening is then free time before your departure.
Note: The daily itinerary for this tour may vary from time to time, occasionally operating in the opposite direction (Karima first, finishing with Meroe) - all the same sites are visited, just in a different order.
Day 1 : Arrive in Khartoum. Transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Khartoum to Karima
Day 3 : Karima. Visit to El Kurru and Jebel Barkal
Day 4 : Nile boat trip and the Pyramids of Nuri
Day 5 : Karima, visit Old Dongola
Day 6 : Karima, Ghazali Monastery, to Meroe
Day 7 : Exploring the Necropolis of Meroe, Royal City and other sites
Day 8 : Meroe to Khartoum via Mussawarat & Naga. Dervishes ceremony
Day 9 : Khartoum city tour.
Day 10 : Khartoum, departure airport transfer
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local tour leader throughout
- All sightseeing tours as per itinerary
- Visa invitation letter for most nationalities
- International Flights (available on request)
- Arrival taxes
- Sudan visa fees
- Travel Insurance
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Entrance fees to archaeological sites, photo permits & local passport registration (EUR280, payable on arrival)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for tour leader & driver
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hidden Treasures tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 March 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 March 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hidden Treasures tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hidden Treasures tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be recommended to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.